Can someone help fix HP SimplePass CSS issues?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Malickfan86

Can someone help fix HP SimplePass CSS issues?

Post by Malickfan86 »

I've used it quite a bit in the past and it's great. Unfortunately with Firefox 30, there is a gap in the address bar when it's hovered over.

Deleting the following folder solved the gap issue:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\distribution\bundles\websitelogon@truesuite.com

Now the software is disabled in Firefox altogether, though. Here are the original contents of the folder:

https://db.tt/fHosAnV1.

If anyone is able to make HP SimplePass and Firefox 30 compatible without a gap in the address bar, I do have a PayPal account.
LoudNoise

Re: Can someone help fix HP SimplePass CSS issues?

Post by LoudNoise »

Is there a forum for HP Simplepass? This seems like a issue that needs to solved by them rather then something to do with Firefox.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

Apparantly Simple Pass has problems on all browsers except IE > https://encrypted.google.com/search?sit ... 0o-T1ArDjk
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
Malickfan86

Post by Malickfan86 »

Maybe I need to clarify. SimplePass works great. The only issue I have is the gap that results in the address bar, which is a brand new issue with Firefox 30. I deleted the folder and that worked temporarily, but when I restarted, both the SimplePass icon and the address bar gap were back.

HP is unlikely to address this issue. I also have graphics driver issues since they no longer support my model officially. Authentec, the company that developed the hardware and software for the device, is now owned by Apple.

EDIT: Apparently there is no chance of a fix from HP...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and-Software/HP-Simple-Pass-Manager-6-0-not-working-in-Firefox-30/td-p/4023802.
Last edited by Malickfan86 on June 14th, 2014, 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

It still isn't a Firefox issue. If you are not willing to leave Simplepass behind then you need to either bitch to them or live with it.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Malickfan86

Post by Malickfan86 »

I know it's not a Firefox issue, but if someone who's familiar with coding can look into this, I'm sure it's an easy fix. I've also posted a message on HP's support forums, but I'm unlikely to get any help there (see the link in the amended portion of my last message).
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

The contractors who worked for HP delivered something that works with I.E. You really need to look for something else.
Post wrangler
Malickfan86

Post by Malickfan86 »

Well not quite. Like I said, I've been using it with all versions of Firefox going back to May 2013. I update regularly and this is the first time I've seen an issue. It's only an issue now because Apple bought Authentec so their old software is no longer maintained by anyone. All I need is a simple coding fix. Since it's not related to Firefox, I'm willing to pay whoever offers to assist me.

If you're not willing to at least have a look at the code I posted, can you tell me where I can ask someone who would?
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

Are you aware that mozillaZine has an Extension Development forum here - viewforum.php?f=19 ?

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

You haven't posted any code.
Post wrangler
Malickfan86

Post by Malickfan86 »

I posted the contents of a directory that serves as the link between SimplePass and Firefox. I'm not sure exactly which file contains the relevant code, but I'm sure a developer can figure it out.

I can try that forum. Thank you for the link.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

You need to come to grips with the fact that HP gave you this for free when you brought their computer. They are no longer supporting it so you need to find a new solution. This isn't a Firefox problem.
Post wrangler
Malickfan86

Post by Malickfan86 »

Okay, thanks for your opinion. If that's what you believe, then surely you can help me with disabling the software completely. Deleting the directory stops it temporarily but upon restart, it all comes back.

I'd prefer someone recodes it so I can continue using it, but as an alternative, I'd prefer to disable it in Firefox altogether so I don't get the gap in the address bar.
Malickfan86

Post by Malickfan86 »

Actually my question was how to disable it in Firefox, not how to disable my fingerprint scanner completely. I use it all the time to log in to Windows and to open my favourite websites.

I'm reluctant to disable it because then I lose the ability to log in to these websites with a finger swipe. However I will make the compromise if no one is willing to change it.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

No one can change it outside of HP. You need to take this up with them.
Post wrangler