User Help for Mozilla Firefox
I don't remember experiencing this earlier so I'm assuming it may be to do with FF 1.0.4.
At random times, images are not loading correctly. There are maybe 3 problems I've noticed so far:
- Images loading in the wrong place. When I visit the phpbuilder.com (I've noticed it at other sites also) forums for the first time, some icons may appear where others should be. For example, the "Go to new post" icons beside the first few topics appears where the "New Posts" icons should be down the left hand column. When I refresh the page, the icons load in their correct spots.
- Images are displayed at the wrong size. This may be in conjuntion with the above problem. Sometimes when viewing a site, I'll notice a large pixelated image. I believe this may be firefox placing a small image where a different larger image is supposed to appear, hence blowing the small image up and making a very pixelated image.
- Images loading half way. I've noticed this happening frequently now. When going to different sites, an image may just start to load or get half way then Firefox stops loading it. The green progress bar goes away and Firefox does not keep trying until the image is loaded like it should. It may leave several images half loaded on a single page.
I've tried clearing the cache but the problems still return sometime down the road. Usually the first time I may visit a site during that session.
Has anyone else been experiencing such problems?
Thanks for any help.
Try opening the browser in Firefox Safe Mode (Start -> All Programs -> Mozilla Firefox -> Mozilla Firefox Safe Mode). If the problem doesn't occur in Safe Mode, it's almost certainly a theme or extension problem.
Try the default theme, and try uninstalling extensions one at a time, testing after each one, to locate the problem. If that doesn't help, try creating a new profile (don't delete the old one yet):
If the problem is gone when running a clean profile, then do this:
http://the-edmeister.home.comcast.net/t ... _data.html
When opening FireFox in "Safe Mode" the same problem (bug) exists.
You wrote: "Images loading half way. I've noticed this happening frequently now. When going to different sites, an image may just start to load or get half way then Firefox stops loading it. The green progress bar goes away and Firefox does not keep trying until the image is loaded like it should. It may leave several images half loaded on a single page."
The people who code FireFox will not recognize this major bug. It exits for a lot of people, and a lot of people are gong back to I.E. because of it.
This post does nothing to help with the problem. You shouldn't conclude that this is a bug until you've tried everything to fix it.
What I posted was the basic diagnostic procedure, if that doesn't work there are other things to try.
This doesn't happen to "a lot of people", there are millions of Firefox users, but only a handful of posts about this problem.
There's probably a way to fix this, but you won't find it by throwing up your hands and saying, " It's a bug, the developers should fix it."
Darn, since the problem doesn't happen at exactly at the same place and time, this could be a long process disabling extensions and testing etc. Oh well.
If anyone's curious, here's a picture of one of the problems. When I see the other problems I'll catch a screen shot then too.
Misplaced Pictures: http://www.ehville.com/graphics/firefox/misplaced.gif
How do you start Firefox in safe mode?
I got the probem of images displayed at the wrong size quite often with a "basic" firefox (no extension, no skin), on the Wanadoo site ( http://www.wanadoo.fr/ ).
Reloading the page quite often solves the problem.
'haven't tested it in safe mode yet...
Hold your breath and count to ten and fall apart and start again
This may help prevent the "regression" that you see after you clear the cache. Also, may prevent the necessity of reloading often.
Enter <b>about:config</b> in Location Bar. Enter in Filter box: <b>browser.cache</b>
Go to the line <b>browser. cache. check_doc_frequency</b>, right-click, and modify the 3 to 1.
How often to check the remote page for a newer version than what might be in the cache
0: Check once per browser session
1: Check every time I view the page
2: Never check (always use cached page)
3 (default): Check when the page is out of date (automatically determined)
What's the URL? It's needed to find out why the views are distorted.
Here is one site that I just had problems with:
Incorrect Display: http://ehville.com/graphics/firefox/corel_incorrect.jpg
Correct Display: http://ehville.com/graphics/firefox/corel_correct.jpg
Hey Lightwind. That post does seem very similar to my problem. I too have network.http.pipelining set to TRUE. I will set this to FALSE and see if that corrects the problem. Only thing is that I've had that set to TRUE almost since I started using Firefox at version .8. The problem has only started in the past couple months. So if this is the problem, is it something the developers did that is breaking the pipelining feature in newer versions of firefox?
I also have network.http.proxy.pipelining set to TRUE... should I set this one to FALSE also?
I will try setting network.http.pipelining to FALSE and see if that stops the problem from happening over the next couple days. Why the pipelining feature would work fine for so long, then now cause these picture freakouts all of a sudden is confusing.
Well I guess it's safe to say now that changing http.pipelining to FALSE did fix the problem. This feature did work fine though since version 0.8. I hope whatever happened to version 1.04 to break this feature gets fixed in the next release.
Excellent catch, Lightwind! I've bookmarked that link, as I'm sure this problem will come up again.
Win 10 Home x64, Linux Mint 17 MATE x64, AMD A4 5300 APU 3.6 GHz, ADATA XPG DDR3 1600 8GB, ATI Radeon HD 5450 1GB, Firefox 44.0., Developer Edition 45.0a2x64 (Win only), Nightly 47.0a1x64 (Win), Nightly 45.0a1 (Linux AMD64) .
I have a similar problem... for a few months firefox worked just fine, and then after a while, every single page began to turn up either halfway-loaded or completely blank. The status bar says "Done." Videos rarely work.
Here are my coping methods:
1. Press reload again and again and again until the page finally loads correctly. (Each time I click, the page either loads halfway or blank)
2. Restart the computer (works for a week or so, then the same thing happens again)
3. Uninstall and reinstall firefox (works for a few months, then the same thing happens again)
I don't know if it's the same problem, but I have no idea what to do.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 13 guests