Moving the menu bar

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
hoohaa

Moving the menu bar

Post by hoohaa »

Is it possible to move the menu bar (or tool bar) below the address bar?
LoudNoise

Re: Moving the menu bar

Post by LoudNoise »

Moving to Firerox support.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
srazzano

Post by srazzano »

List all your toolbars in the navigator-toolbox and order them as desired:

@namespace url(http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gateke ... s.only.xul);
@-moz-document url(chrome://browser/content/browser.xul) {
#nav-bar {
-moz-box-ordinal-group: 1 !important;
}
#toolbar-menubar {
-moz-box-ordinal-group: 2 !important;
}
#PersonalToolbar {
-moz-box-ordinal-group: 3 !important;
}
#addon-bar {
-moz-box-ordinal-group: 4 !important;
}
#TabsToolbar {
-moz-box-ordinal-group: 5 !important;
}
}
Sonny
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

hoohaa wrote:Is it possible to move the menu bar (or tool bar) below the address bar?

My "Menu bar" is nowhere in site because I use this extension which puts all that into a Icon and when clicking on it it displays a dropdown menu of all that stuff... I also have that Icon sitting on the LHS of my Tab-bar...and though the orig. extension is on AMO ... it had/has issues ... so Frank Lion was kind to take the code and get it working...

Compact Menu 3 Blue
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

dfoulkes wrote:...and though the orig. extension is on AMO ... it had/has issues ... so Frank Lion was kind to take the code and get it working...

Compact Menu 3 Blue

Not quite, the end result is the same, i.e. mine works, but the story is different.

I took over the original Compact Menu by Chris Neale and hosted it on AMO late 2005. Couple of years later, Milly grabbed it, fiddled around with it and also hosted it on AMO, not a problem.

I took mine off AMO around 2008 and hosted it on my website until the end of Firefox 3.6, when I retired it. Meanwhile, Milly had continued fiddling and, er, broke it and has since seemed to have vanished.

So that users have Compact Menu again, I unretired mine, after requests, on the condition that I would retire it again once Milly got their act together (I do themes in the main, not extensions) That seems not to have happened, so that's why I still make mine available.

:)
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)