Images / .gif animations don't load

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
lankymart

Ok...Microsoft crap stricks again!

Post by lankymart »

Hi,

I've read this thread and I must say, loads of useful information available! Thanks Filipp0s :-D

Unfortunately it hasn't fixed a problem I seem to be having with a website i'm a member of, the website is;

http://www.thedarkallianceclan.tk/

It appears as though it has be designed using Frontpage (yes the very same) :-& or maybe even Microsoft Word... :roll: To get to the point some of the images don't display, but if you use the cursed IE Browser it works fine.

Any ideas wat is causing this and how I can fix it? (I didn't design this site by the way, just to be clear) ;-)

Thanks in advance...
Lankymart

Builds:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.0.6) Firefox/1.5.0.6
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.2) Firefox/2.0.0.2 (Default)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Minefield/3.0a1
hellene

Post by hellene »

Cheez, that's cr*ppy! In this case, it is code problems causing some of the images in the boxes to display and some not. I don't think it's fixable without a rewrite of the entire code - which I am guessing the webmaster is probably not up for.
I don't know how to do any of this stuff, I just hire the guys that do
Have you considered reading the HELP folder. Right there on your menu bar.
Image by Juniper http onic.net/~daylight/ - Xmas special by Ol Grumpy
The_Steph

Post by The_Steph »

Thank you, fixed my problem :o)

Post by Guest »

Hi I'm currently having trouble loading the GIF images on my website and they're not even animations. For that, I have trouble checking out the links that they carry. Have a look http://geocities.com/el_qindi and my other website is a MESS when loaded with FireFox (1.0.7), here: www.matiin.blogspot.com Any crucial steps i missed? I happen to pass the diagnostic test from #1-4. Thanks for any help, suggestions etc.
hellene

Post by hellene »

Guest, your problem is entirely different to most, but the same as lankymart. You have serious validation errors in your html and your XML and I can't even run a check on your CSS.

Can I recommend you
(a)register a username and repost in our Web Development/Standards Evangelism forum.
(b)use a product other than MS Frontpage to develop webpages (the guys in the Web Dev forum can recommend some good tools)
I don't know how to do any of this stuff, I just hire the guys that do
Have you considered reading the HELP folder. Right there on your menu bar.
Image by Juniper http onic.net/~daylight/ - Xmas special by Ol Grumpy
lankymart

Post by lankymart »

hellene wrote:Guest, your problem is entirely different to most, but the same as lankymart. You have serious validation errors in your html and your XML and I can't even run a check on your CSS.

Can I recommend you
(a)register a username and repost in our Web Development/Standards Evangelism forum.
(b)use a product other than MS Frontpage to develop webpages (the guys in the Web Dev forum can recommend some good tools)

That's exactly it, it's the dreaded curse of drag and drop microsoft methodology! :x The way frontpages implements page flows causes problems, everything is absolute positioned which causes problems in any browser but IE. But people don't know this until it's to late! :roll:

Anyway, thanks for the confirmation. :wink:
Lankymart

Builds:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.0.6) Firefox/1.5.0.6
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.2) Firefox/2.0.0.2 (Default)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Minefield/3.0a1
anindyanuri2

Post by anindyanuri2 »

I cannot find image 1 (the number 1 instead).

Post by Guest »

I can see all of those pictures, but, for instance, on IGN message boards when someone posts a picture (which are posted as thumbnails you can click on), the thumbnails don't load. I can still click on the picture and see it, it's just the thumbnails wouldn't load.

I've also had problems on the site DeviantArt.com, the pictures I was visiting the site to see would not load. I would get a box with the "image" symbol in it but then it would just disappear.

Also, on this site: www.jewelledantler.com the main navigation for the website consists of images embedded with links. however, in my case, those images don't load. the links work, but the picture won't load. any ideas?
Muerz

Post by Muerz »

I dont see TV.com like it is intended to. Here's what I get... http://membres.lycos.fr/hemisphere00/tv1.jpg

Any help hint?

Post by Guest »

Why internet images in mozilla are showing as the letter AD and not the picture?? It happens basically with thumbnails. In a message board they said to someone who had the same problem:

"look at your "hosts" file and clean all lines beginning with 127.0.0.1 except "127.0.0.1 localhost""

But I don't know what this means. Help!
Roger77

Post by Roger77 »

Anonymous wrote:Why internet images in mozilla are showing as the letter AD and not the picture??
If you're using an EZ or ZA firewall, look at this <a href="http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3486/zaanimationinstructions9wr.png"><u>screenshot</u></a>. Under the 4, click the button that says Nothing.
Actually, I find it easier just to turn Ad Blocking off in the firewall and let Firefox along with some of its extensions handle the job.

Not sure but the extension, AdBlock Plus, might also cause this. Tools > AdBlock Plus > Preferences > Options > uncheck Obj-Tabs. Obj-Tabs should be disabled anyway since that feature can be a security risk.
tohmas tha geek

Post by tohmas tha geek »

I'm having tha same problems as safeb... Some images doesn't load... and when i click View image i get a message saying the image contains errors, but I usually solves it by reloading the image from the server when i have clicked View Image.. But somone know how to fix this problem permanently? It is quite annoying having to do this on 3-4 images on nearly every weebpage for it to show like it is supposed to?

Post by Guest »

I can see the blimps fine but there are sited that i go to Like God like Productions and it wont load all the web page pics like .gif and pics and when i go to google, Yahoo, ect and try to find pics i would say about 70% load up the rest are jusr a RED block. help please

Post by Guest »

Passed the above test but still have missing images and links on pages like http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/. If you go there, the download links should be on the blue, left hand side of the page. All I see is a the blue layout. No text or images whatsoever. Whats worse is that now its also happening with IE.

Help. :(

Post by Guest »

It happens since 1.04 in all the relases. It is random, it happens sometimes and sometimes not. So the test site useless for this problem.
There is an error in the code and they can't fix it as it looks, everyone working on 1.5 :P
Firefox can't load things from it's cache as it looks.