Images / .gif animations don't load

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
moredred1

Post by moredred1 »

WOW!! I can now see again! Pictures that is. I 'm Impressed! I can't believe how fast and easy it was to correct my problem. This is the first time I've ever had a problem with Firefox since version 1.0.0 . Thanks for the Great support! Much Apreciated.
birdwatcher38

More on images and/or maybe the latest FF update

Post by birdwatcher38 »

That really was a great post on fixing images and it worked for some of my problems but not all, unfortunately. Ever since installing FireFox 1.0.6 I have been unable to access the Checkfree bill pay service linked to my primary credit union account. The same service is used by another credit union and it works normally most of the time. It sometimes fails with some sort of Java error. Following the same links in IE gets to the bill pay service but it doesn't display quite as it should. The webmasters at both credit unions are unable to explain this behavior.

The fact that it sort of works with IE but not FireFox makes the browser a suspect. On the other hand, under FireFox the service is accessable from one credit union but not the other and this makes the CU web sites suspect. The half-functional behavior under IE makes me wonder about what's going on with Checkfree. The other point of commonality is my computer. Could something have broken in Java at about the same time as the ForeFox update? The opportunities for finger-pointing are virtually endless and I'm at a loss to make any sense of it. Can anyone help?
ever searching...

30 years in the computer business and I wind up a struggling user...

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.10) Gecko/20050716 Firefox/1.0.6 (ax)
Fernando Arturo

Finally I can see the images on Firefox

Post by Fernando Arturo »

Thank you for your help
It was very didactic to reolve my problem

Post by Guest »

why is this not a sticky anymore???
manc39

Post by manc39 »

Anonymous wrote:why is this not a sticky anymore???

It's linked from the FAQ so doesn't need to be. I think the idea is that a simpler set of stickies at the top of this forum is more efficient and easier for people to find their answers.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1b1) Gecko/20060712 BonEcho/2.0b1
Lost User 73769

Post by Lost User 73769 »

OlGranDad wrote:No #4 unless AdBlock (w/Filterset.G) is disabled.
Wondering which one of those filters is blocking #4.....

It's this line.....
/[^a-z\d=+%@](\w*\d+x\d)?\d*(show)?(\w{3,}%20|alligator|...................etc

It also stops videos working on www.foxnews.com
guest2003

Post by guest2003 »

Well I found the trouble with my images not loading in firefox. It was Nortons internet sercurity, even though I had all the possible problem causers turned off like ad blocking etc. it still managed to mess with FireFox and it's ability to fully load a web page of mostly pictures.
I found this out because my Nortons expired and I found a better, well cheaper anyway solution. Upon the EXTREMELY hard removal of Nortons my FireFox began to act normaly in every way.
Just thought I would post my conclusion as it shouldn't have affected FireFox with all the feature turned off, but it did!
mopepom

Post by mopepom »

Excellent diagnostic - it helped me fix an animation problem that I have been living with for many moons.
mopepom
ø,¸_¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°`°¤ø
|wizzard|

Post by |wizzard| »

nice post resolv problem with some site including yahoo
Scooterwho

Post by Scooterwho »

Right on!!!! Great one, TANX........

Post by Guest »

this fixed everything for me except image 5, still can't see it, what should i do?
RomeoKT

Post by RomeoKT »

I can't seem to see the listing of my emails on GMail usinf firefox. it worked fine in ppreviouis versions AND on netscape but since the upgrade once I sing onto GMAIL.com and it loads the page woth my mail all I see is a blank whie page. help please, also I still didn't get image #5 can you assist her as well?
mbarao

all images won't load

Post by mbarao »

Thank you. This post solved the issue.
Siberian

Post by Siberian »

All of my settings are correct. The pages that I have the most problems loading images is EBay and Yahoo e-mail. The place where the pictures are suppose to be are purple and have the words AD and jpg. As soon as a rest my cursor on the purple box, the picture will pop in, but this is cumbersome.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Siberian

Post by Siberian »

.................sorry
I should have mentioned that I'm using W98 and Firefox version 1.0.6
Thanks