Images / .gif animations don't load

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
safeb

Just passing this on...

Post by safeb »

I resolved my problem - with a techie's help and guidance since I had no clue - by creating a new profile. However that still doesn't explain what went wrong in the first place, nor would I have been able to fix it if I hadn't had a friend who knew what to do. Thus, I am posting what helped me here for anyone else who experiences the same problem.
biskit27

Post by biskit27 »

Hi,

the pics from photobucket arnt showing up at all for me, except for those on the server i8.photobucket.com.

Everything else just says image hosted by photobucket.

I read somewhere that i might have to go to the load images in options, and add all the servers to the allow exceptions, i did, and pictures still arnt showing up,

any help???
guest2003

Post by guest2003 »

Well I still after reading all this see no fix to my problem. I have installed, re-installed etc. On site with multiple pictures FFox only loads a few images and then partial images but not all. If I hit refresh, sometimes MANY times it will load the photos. I do not have any ad blocking enabled etc.
I also use Netscape and I.E. and this is not a problem with either of these.

I Like FFox, but if there is no fix for this then it goes bye bye real soon. Very irritating to say the least.
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

You might need to do like safeb, and create a new profile. There are a few other things you could try first, see:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diagnostic
nwind2

Post by nwind2 »

I tried/looked at all the images and they seem fine, but here is a site, I am missing things, when looking at it? The first is www.wiahn.com You should see the link menu at the left-hand side of the page. I do not get the menu, but it does show in IE.
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

It works for me, in Fx 1.0.4 it looks the same as in IE.
Win 10 Pro x64, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 6 core, 3900 MHz (4450 Turbo), AMD Radeon Vega (integrated graphics). 16GB DDR4-3200, Firefox 124.0.2, Developer Edition 125.0b9, Nightly 126.0a1.
Swami

Post by Swami »

Same here, using 1.0.6, all menus present as in IE.
nwind2

Post by nwind2 »

So what do I need to do to fix the problem, do I re-do the download, any suggestions? I have tried refresh many time, it does not show on my system.
Shugo88

Post by Shugo88 »

I am using 1.0.6 but step 5 won't work for me and for step 4, is there anyway around that? I am using the Norton firewall. Sorry for being so misinformed
Kibi

Post by Kibi »

Great post - I'm seeing things again! Thanks much.
muli

Post by muli »

excellent!

Post by Guest »

^ I bet the #4 is probably blocked by the adblocking css rule in usercontent.css in the profile... just a huntch.
kemahbum22

Images don't load

Post by kemahbum22 »

Filipp0s, if you were standing here right now, I'd kiss your feet. Don't ask me in a few minutes, after the glow fades from being able to see images on ebay and amazon for the first time in a week or so. I was...heaven forbid...almost ready to go back to IE. As it was, I had to view these two sites in IE...thank goodness for the developer of "open page in IE".

Again, great post. I'm almost over kissing your feet but still agreeable to a big hug. Thanks again - kemahbum

Post by Guest »

Excellent post and I saw all of the images but I cant properly see my own html codes with Firefox just with Explorer I want to keep using Firefox so any ideas what I could do to fix the problem? PS. I explain the problem in more detail in my post.

Post by Guest »

Giomezzo wrote:I am having lots of problems with Quicktime and Flash Images. Anyone know what applications or extensions interfere with these formats?

Me too. This is getting really frustrating. It's not just broken images. It's whole websites that won't load. But they work if I use the hated IE.