Images / .gif animations don't load

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
C1ofUnknown

Post by C1ofUnknown »

Thanks for the info. I had been having trouble with some images: fark.com tags (and links), as well as myspace.com and facebook.com. It turned out when my McAfee Privacy Service updated itself yesterday, it turned on ad-blocking automatically and started blocking some of those images.

Post by Guest »

I can't see any of the pictures, and have tried all of the solutions several times, even before I checked this forum. This has only been happening since I installed 1.0.7 a short time ago...
LeRoi

Post by LeRoi »

Have you tried clearing your cache? tools > options > privacy > cache > clear > okay (close and reopen Firefox to be sure)
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Some of the pictures on http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ have a https:// source. The blue frame you mentioned also. Is it possible that that has something to do with it?

Post by Guest »

I'm the Guest poster three posts up...

LeRoi, I tried that and it didn't work. I downloaded and started using Firefox 1.5 beta, but still had the problem. I did find a temporary solution though, and others might try it if they have the same set up as I. I disabled each service in my McAfee Security service, then enabled them again, and when I disabled Privacy Service, pictures showed up again. I haven't yet figured out what exactly in the service is screwing things up... But I don't really know why I have that crap anyway, so I'll probably just leave it disabled.
Muerz

Post by Muerz »

So, nobody got any help for me with the tv.com problem?
JennyG

Post by JennyG »

Hmmm, I have my options set as indicated, but image loading is still inconsistent. For example, when I first opened this page, none of the images loaded (not even some marker to show me that there SHOULD be an image), but after reloading a couple of times, everything loaded just fine. This echoes what happens loading most pages with images.

Post by Guest »

of course, adblock. buggered if i know how i inserted "*" as a block, but i did. cheers!

Post by Guest »

You are the best. I have been looking for how to fix my image problem for DAYS now, through troubleshooting sites galore. Generally, if you point me in the right direction or if I play with the computer long enough, I can find it myself, but this problem was not wanting to be fixed.

Finally got the bright idea to come to firefox troubleshooting only moments ago... you fixed my images in literally a matter of seconds. I obviously should have come here before and will keep it in mind for the future.

I think I love you, fillip0s.
tinyelvisgirl

Post by tinyelvisgirl »

I'm passing all five image tests, but images are not loading on a multitude of websites. Any more suggestions for troubleshooting?
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Give some url so we can check what the html code is used.
You might check that you haven't blocked images (Tools > Options > Web Features: Exceptions (next to Load Images)). Also check antivirus/firewall/adware settings so they don't block images. If you right-click on an image and choose 'View Image' do they show?

Post by Guest »

www.bluefly.com is one site where this happens, but it's happening on many.

I can not right click where an image is supposed to show, the window says it's done loading (bottom left corner).

Thx. for your assistance thus far.

teg

Post by Guest »

You know what? You are a god. Your suggestion led me to "Exceptions" and I saw that a site: home.comcast.net had been listed in exceptions. So I removed it, and all seems to be working fine now.
Great! Thank you so much.

Post by Guest »

You know what? You are a god. Your suggestion led me to "Exceptions" and I saw that a site: home.comcast.net had been listed in exceptions. So I removed it, and all seems to be working fine now.
Great! Thank you so much.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

You're welcome. Glad you solved it.