Many add ons disappeared (Solved)

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
denisw

Re: Many add ons disappeared

Post by denisw »

Same problem. I do NOT have AVAST, so it is coming from at least one other source.
denisw

Post by denisw »

I added a FF extension "Public Fox" that says it will lock extensions. The options and description are vague, so have no idea if it works. It has a password box, but no directions on how to use it.

Not sure if restarting FF or restarting the computer is what triggered losing extensions. Using FF 34 beta 11. I have listed all the extensions I like and it takes only a few minutes to re-download them when they disappear - all previous settings are there after re-installation.
thisGuyIsCool

Post by thisGuyIsCool »

I to have missing addons. They show up in the addon manager but not on the toolbar.

No one likes it when you have to upgrade anything that brakes EVERYTHING almost EVERY update. Firfox has become near unsuable for about a week after every update till the addon devs have a chance to patch whatever the FF devs fu*ks up. If your going to release something that fouls up all functionality of your browser it should only be done once a year!

Heres a novel idea, if your going to make a release/update you should make sure that everything plays nice before doing so. Some of us rely on a stable browser. Two updates a year is good for anything that doesnt have its own kernel. Anything more than that is not only annoying but it proves that your just trying to fix the latest foul ups your shouldent have released in the first plaice.

Ive been defending firefox for a long time. I have had my share of problems, nothing that could not be overcome. Now its a constant struggle. I dread every update you put out. I think we all do.
Last edited by DanRaisch on December 8th, 2014, 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Minor edit for language. Partially obscured just doesn't cut it.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Sorry but you're way off base. It's not the job of the Firefox developers to make sure that every extension out there, some used by perhaps one person, are going to be compatible with every update. That's the job of the extension developers. They have plenty of notice of what is coming in each update, if they don't work to update their product the users that rely on it should complain to them and not gripe to Mozilla or to us.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

You might want to check out Firefox ESR (Extended Support Release). It updates about every eight months.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
James

Post by James »

thisGuyIsCool, what extensions are they? as most should not be affected by a major Release except for say certain extensions like ones provided by antivirus clients. They need to be made to work with each new major release Firefox.exe on Windows.

Have you even checked for updates for your extensions?

Also in case you have not noticed yet, mozillaZine is not Mozilla. Do see the message on bottom of right sidebar and the about link.