1.0.6 released

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

Post by Guest »

Since I updated to 1.0.5 Java will not work with online games. When I try to start a game that uses Java, Firefox locks up my computer and I have to restart Firefox. No error messages and I do have Java enabled on the options.
Peter P. Schifferli

Post by Peter P. Schifferli »

I've <i>never</i> seen Firefox lock-up and crash until I upgraded to 1.0.5!

Pete :cry:
Win 8.1, Fx 77.0.1, Tb 68.8.1

Post by Guest »

Those on Fx 1.0.4, wait for 1.0.6 being worked on to fix the API issue in 1.0.5.

Post by Guest »

Why was 1.0.5 released then ?

Post by Guest »

Middle click on linked picture doesn’t open new tab either. On normal link it opens new tab

Linux Firefox 1.0.5 installer crashes

Post by Guest »

Apparently, the xpistub library was not included with the installer. So it crashes. Every time. Maybe the installer should be rebuilt - with the xpistub library. So it can actually *install* Firefox. Just an idea.

Post by Guest »

From the blogs it seems that 1.0.6 is undergoing full testing on Monday (18th).

With any luck it'll be released shortly after (including localised ones too).
pkrass

Post by pkrass »

Just upgraded to 1.0.5, and now I get an error message for ALL websites: "URL could not be found. Please check and try again." I tried uninstalling and re-downloading a fresh copy, but the problem persists. And now there's no way to revert to 1.0.4. Jeez. Back to IE!
octane80

Firefox would not open from shortcuts wron url

Post by octane80 »

Just instlled Firefox 0.5. Tried to pay bills and all my shortcuts would not open websites. Got message. www4.website.com. Deat website not fournd plese check address and redo. I did leaving off the 4 --same message and the url included the 4. In Frustration opened I.E. and everything worked. Had no trouble until updated FF0l4 to 05.
What gives?
disgruntled

Post by disgruntled »

Serves me right for being so quick to upgrade. I can live with periodic crashes, but I find the most frustrating thing since the upgrade to 1.0.5 is that my logins are not being saved. When I first started up after copying across my old Profile, everthing seemed fine - until after using the logins once, then they each were dropped and have continued to not save. Roll on 1.0.6!
Vectorspace

Post by Vectorspace »

Some Firewalls will silently start denying a program access to the net if it detects the program has changed. If, after upgraging, you cannot access the net with Firefox anymore, delete Firefox's permissions from your firewall, then let it redetect Firefox.
"All things being equal, the simplest answer is usually the correct one" - Occam's Razor
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20110624 Thunderbird/5.0
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

Peter P. Schifferli wrote:I've <i>never</i> seen Firefox lock-up and crash until I upgraded to 1.0.5!
My experience has been the opposite: 1.0.5 does not crash as often as 1.0.4 did.

With FF closed, go into your profile and delete the file xul.mfl. That might help. FF will recreate the file next time it runs.
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

Vectorspace wrote:Some Firewalls will silently start denying a program access to the net if it detects the program has changed.
I have been criticized in these forums for recommending Zone Alarm. But ZA does not have this flaw. If a pgm changes, ZA will always pop up a msg to let you know, and ask you to allow the changed pgm to run.
francois_blais

Post by francois_blais »

All my HTTPS:// links don't work since I upgraded to 1.05 this morning.
The HTTP:// links are working as before though.
?

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:I also have a conflict with RoboForm after installing 1.0.5.