1.0.6 released

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
latigo - Colorado Springs

Robofrom - Firefox - and Frustration

Post by latigo - Colorado Springs »

It feels worse than "conflict"--almost like "marital conflict". Roboform crashes; then it tries to send a crash report back to the mother-ship. That in turn causes Firefox to crash. The only way I can use my computer on the internet is to disable Roboform-----and that program annoyed me anyway, so probably it's a blessing.

On second thought: let's call it a "new feature" and not try to fix anything.

:lol: :lol:
eleanor

Post by eleanor »

In the Installation Guidelines, I wish the instructions for doing a clean install could be relegated to a less prominent place on the page,
and installing on top of the previous version be given more emphasis.

For the average user, the clean install is quite daunting. Messing around with moving/backing up files and deleting things in
places that we're unfamiliar with, inevitably leads to mistakes being made and problems down the line.

Aside from being lazy, that's the main reason that I've been just installing on top.
Fast and easy, and so far no problems.
Windows 7 Home SP2
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

francois_blais wrote:All my HTTPS:// links don't work since I upgraded to 1.05 this morning.
Tools, Options, Advanced, Security
Seeker711

Post by Seeker711 »

Is it just me or does 1.05 have memory leaks up the wazoo?
Computer Genious

Post by Computer Genious »

I tried everything from Spyware Scans to doing a clean install and still FF doesn't open. This just might bea FF program problem.
Vectorspace

Post by Vectorspace »

if it was a program problem then it would happen to everyone.

Does it open in Firefox Safe Mode: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_Mode ?
"All things being equal, the simplest answer is usually the correct one" - Occam's Razor
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20110624 Thunderbird/5.0
Skomo

Firefox Does Not Start FIX

Post by Skomo »

This isn't really a fix but more of a temporary solution. I have found on my system that if firefox refuses to start hit control+alt+delete enter the task manager find firefoxes process running as it will not be listed as a program running just the process should be. Stop the process and hit ok to the warning. Firefox will start. My question is why do i have to do this? What is the permanent solution?
Computer Genious

Post by Computer Genious »

Nope, it doesn't open in Safe Mode,
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

Seeker711 wrote:Is it just me or does 1.05 have memory leaks up the wazoo?
Can it possibly leak more than previous versions?
WiicCkKed

FF 1.05 upgrade

Post by WiicCkKed »

I am using IE and I hate it but I'm using it right now 'cuz my FF 1.0.4 dun work right anymore and when I DL 1.0.5 well it was worse. ARGGGGGGGGGGG

I want my FF to work again. Yes, I know the probs and read why etc....I cannot wait a few more days.

I am a web developer and need my FF to work!!!!!
IE sucks for developers...blah that I have to use it for a few days.

I'm just venting cuz I love FF and want mine to work right again.

Arggggggggggggg. Hurry on the fix PLEASEEEEEE.

THANK yOU
MartinElk

Baaad Memory Leaks!!

Post by MartinElk »

Seeker711 wrote:Is it just me or does 1.05 have memory leaks up the wazoo?

You are so right!!

When I first start the program is takes about 38Mb of Ram, but I just checked it again after running it for several hours, and it is using 354Mb of Ram!!!

This is much worse than earlier versions, from the checks I remember making on them.
francois_blais

Post by francois_blais »

Neil Parks wrote:
francois_blais wrote:All my HTTPS:// links don't work since I upgraded to 1.05 this morning.
Tools, Options, Advanced, Security

The SSL 2.0 and 3.0 check boxes have always been checked, in all the Firefox versions I've used.
I re-installed 1.04 and the HTTPS: links now work again.
There's definitely something wrong with 1.05 there.
Is this confirmed?
Rob Undd2

Error -8075

Post by Rob Undd2 »

New to Mozilla. Downloaded 1.0.5. When browsing for a financial or gmail.com, I receive "Error establishing an encrypted connection.......Error code: -8075" Do I have a fix?

Also homepage is hung up on a specific site. How do I replace it with a different site?

Thanks. :)

Post by Guest »

After upgrading to 1.05 I am unable to open any links in a new tab. If I use Ctrl Clik nothing happen. If I right click on the link and hit open in new tab. Once again nothing happens.

Is anyone else experiancing this?

I made the mistake of upgrading rather then fresh installing so I cannot go back to 1.0.4
TDaMoose

Post by TDaMoose »

••• MACINTOSH DUAL 2 GHZ UNDER OS 10.3.9 (PANTHER) ••••

Sorry ,to be so noisy but since 95% of users of this forum are Windows folks, I wanted to be clear.

I am now running FF 1.0.5 for the Mac. We just download the application and move it into the Application folder and it is installed. But I did run into trouble with RoboForm, the auto-fill extension. When I installed it, my FF was clobbered but it did open and I lost all my bookmarks. However, when I uninstalled Roboform, FF worked like a charm. In checking the RoboForm website it warned against using it with a Mac. I thought that was for Safari, the Apple browser.

One other point, how do I get the Find in this page..... command to work?

Does anyone knowe of a Mac-only part of this forum, then I can get out of Wintel people's hair. :-)
Dual 2 GHz Macintosh G5 running OS 10.3.9