1.0.6 released

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
eleanor

Post by eleanor »

TDaMoose:
Several people (with various operating systems) have reported a compatibility issue between RoboForm and 1.0.5
Windows 7 Home SP2
Seeker711

Post by Seeker711 »

Seeker711 wrote:Is it just me or does 1.05 have memory leaks up the wazoo?
Neil Parks wrote:Can it possibly leak more than previous versions?
It seems so. A few new tabs and all of a sudden I have no ram left. As soon as I quit FF it all returns. I was not experiencing this with earlier versions.
undone

Post by undone »

System Config: Dell Inspiron 5150 - 3.02GHz Intel P4, 100GB HD, 128MB nVidia GeForce FX Go5200, 512MB RAM, WinXP Home/SP2, Latest Spyware & Virus Updates

I know you guys are working dilligently to get these problems fixed but here are the conflicts I am experiencing.
1. Memory Leaks - same problem as others. starts up at around 38 Mb of RAM and then after a few tabs well over 350 Mb RAM
2. Disapearing Bookmarks - after upgrading to 1.0.5 from 1.0.4 I noticed my bookmarks have decreased by HALF. worked fine first day or so...
3. Random Crashes - running nothing but FF at various irregular intervals FF just quits... no alerts, pop-ups or anything. (no adware, malware spyware or viruses on my system.)
4. Like New Install - after System Shut-Down and restart when I open FF I have to redo 'ALL' my Extension settings (forcastfox 0.8.1, popup sound 0.1.2...)
5. Script Error on Load - randomly on loading FF I get a script error dialog box stating "There is a script running on this page that may make your browser unstable or stop responding"... to my knowledge there aren't any scripts running on FF Start Page.

I know my system is stable and I have the latest Virus / Spyware / Adware updates. The developers working on FF deserve praise for giving us such a great browser... I am looking forward for 1.0.6...
Last edited by undone on July 19th, 2005, 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waiting4activation-email

Post by waiting4activation-email »

Well for those of you who hate 1.0.5, you can try an unofficial release of 1.0.6:

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/ ... iary1.0.1/

After reading this thread I'm not sure I want to use 1.0.5 either - I reformatted last night and can't find the 1.0.4 installer, so I'll take my chances with the nightly build.

Wish me luck..

-Lufusol
GHG

Post by GHG »

The Roboform fix worked for me.

What the current status with 1.0.6?

Thanks Much!

GHG 8)
drteeth

Post by drteeth »

Since memory leaks have been mentioned, I've just checked. Gone from 26K to 152K in less than an hour - and climbing!

[Edited for spelling]
Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
RAMWolff

Post by RAMWolff »

Yea, I'm still experiencing my needed pop ups for logging in to certain sites and image pop ups I DO want to see WAY off center as well as when typing in to a text box like this one for the Find function to scroll my pages. Only happens on certain forums though. Very strange behavior! :(

All the best

Richard ;)
---Wolff On The Prowl---
Elfguy

Post by Elfguy »

Post by Guest »

I've just got a new processor not too long ago, and ever sense it seems like there is a memory leak with firefox 0_o it's a prescott 3.0e ghz p4... anyway firefox is now taking over 67 mb of ram according to task manager, and occasionally freezes for 5-15 seconds (task bar says not responding somtimes when it does it) and then comes back. Is this related? I also just got Quicktime7 public preview 2.... could that b eit?
newFF

Post by newFF »

I've been happy with FF 1.03 on my laptop so I just downloaded 1.05...alas, it can't even find it's own page, can't find Yahoo.com, can't find Google.com, can't find a single site I've tried.

I erased the download and did a new download/install: same problems. This version of FF isn't browsing on my HP desktop. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
phildobbin

Post by phildobbin »

Well, just to give the other side of the coin, so to speak, I'm running FF 1.0.5 on an ancient P2 350Mhz with 128 MB RAM using Win2k Pro with about a dozen extensions installed plus Noia 2 theme installed and it is rock solid. I run the box 24/7 apart from a restart about once a week. I recommend using a NAT router for security purposes and disable all your virus software. You'll see a big difference.

Just my two bob...

Cheers.
First thing we do let's kill all the lawyers
Henry VI Pt. 2

Post by Guest »

What's a NAT router?? Can a 56K dial up use one??

Thanks

Richard ;)
phildobbin

Post by phildobbin »

A NAT router is an ADSL/Cable modem for broadband. The best explanation for one can be found at:

<http://www.homenethelp.com/web/explain/about-NAT.asp>

For a home user it's by far the safest way to operate and much, much better than having to deal with a plethora (Zone Alarm, Windows own sorry implementation, etc) of firewalls.

HTH.
First thing we do let's kill all the lawyers
Henry VI Pt. 2
mercier

Post by mercier »

installed 1.0.6 over 1.0.5

everything is working great! thanks.
Lazer_wolf

Post by Lazer_wolf »

just installed .6

Just wondering about a trivial thing, the windows installer, I told it not to go putting any icons anywhere (I unchecked all three boxes) and it still put an icon on my desktop. win 98 (POS comp @ work)

great piece of software! keep it up!