1.0.6 released

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

Hyperthreading problem

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:I've just got a new processor not too long ago, and ever sense it seems like there is a memory leak with firefox 0_o it's a prescott 3.0e ghz p4... anyway firefox is now taking over 67 mb of ram according to task manager, and occasionally freezes for 5-15 seconds (task bar says not responding somtimes when it does it) and then comes back. Is this related? I also just got Quicktime7 public preview 2.... could that b eit?

There is a known problem with prescotts pentium 3 hyperthreading and Firefox. (Maybe other programs too, don't know)

Freezing -> Prescott Pentium 4 Hyperthreading?
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=230393
Trashman1934

roboform messup

Post by Trashman1934 »

Forced to use IE again wrote:Will 1.0.6 fix a conflict with RoboForm? I can't click on a link in Firefox without getting an error from RoboForm and Firefox and the whole kit n' caboodle crashing.

This is the same problem I ran into when I updated FireFox a day or two ago. I finally had to do a system restore back to 1.05 to get the browser to work.
Using Roboform is important to my browsing so I'll wait awhile before updating. :sleeping:
francois_blais

Post by francois_blais »

mercier wrote:installed 1.0.6 over 1.0.5

everything is working great! thanks.

May I ask if you tried HTTPS: websites?
These were not working anymore with 1.05.
I installed 1.06 yesterday night and they were not working either.
Back to 1.04, again...
(in fact I'm presently using IE)
octane80

Post by octane80 »

Hving a problem with Firefox 06. When going to web sitres such as usbank get an error message that www.4.usbank.com cannot be found. IE recognizes this websiite. I think it is a security problem with Firefox.
How do I find and change Firewall settings if this is the problem. Thanks for helping a dummy.
eleanor

Post by eleanor »

Windows 7 Home SP2
Octane80

Post by Octane80 »

Tried to run Firefox 1.06; Download normal and ok. Tried to enter internet get message HTTP Error 405 Method not allowed. Have not figured out how to correct.
FF 1.04 worked very well and I hoped 1.06 would be even better, but since I cannot access websites have returned to IE. What is the remedy.,
wolfbaits

Roboform Adapter Ext.

Post by wolfbaits »

I have tried everything I can think of and still can not get this Ext to work. It says it will be installed after restarting Firefox but never does. Can anyone help with this. Roboform supports says it's a Firefox problem.
Thanks
dawgydad95

Post by dawgydad95 »

Forced to use IE again wrote:Will 1.0.6 fix a conflict with RoboForm? I can't click on a link in Firefox without getting an error from RoboForm and Firefox and the whole kit n' caboodle crashing.

i guess this is still an issue with FF 1.06 because i had to complely uninstall RF when i upgraded to 1.06 and everytime i tried to sign into a site using RF FF would crash. are there any fixes for this available now?

thanks
wolfbaits

RoboForm fix that works for all versions

Post by wolfbaits »

I got this info from RoboForm's support and it worked great.......

First, backup your Roboform data:
http://www.roboform.com/manual.html#backup_restore

Uninstall RoboForm - click this link:
http://www.roboform.net/dist/rfwipeout.exe
It will download and run a file that will uninstall RoboForm and all
adapters it may find.

Delete your Firefox profile: Close all Firefox instances.

Uninstall Firefox from Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs.

Using Windows Explorer, delete folder:C:\Documents and Settings\<Your
User Name>\Application Data\Mozilla
where <Your User Name> is your Windows account name.

Using Windows Explorer, delete folder: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox

Then reinstall Firefox.This will give you new clean profile, into which
you can install RoboForm Adapter from XPI file.

Then upgrade RoboForm Adapter to the latest ver 6.3.9 that supports
Firefox 1.0.6 and 1.0.5.
This version fixes exceptions in Firefox and "Empty toolbar" problem.

This is how to upgrade:
- All steps are must-do, if you skip one of them, the whole sequence
fails.
- Uninstall 'AI RoboForm Adapter for Firefox/Mozilla/Netscape'
from 'Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs,' if you have it there.
- Uninstall 'RoboForm Toolbar Extension' from Firefox's Tools ->
Extensions.
- Close all instances of Firefox and Restart Firefox to make uninstall
effective.
- Download file http://www.roboform.com/dist/roboform-firefox.xpi
- In Firefox select "File -> Open File", then select the downloaded XPI
file.
- Confirm the installation of RoboForm Extension.
- Close all instances of Firefox and Restart Firefox to make XPI
install effective.
manc39

Post by manc39 »

^There are easier ways of troubleshooting a broken profile, and of creating a new profile *that won't erase your bookmarks & settings*.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1b1) Gecko/20060712 BonEcho/2.0b1

Post by Guest »

You can restore your profile from a backup so you don't lose anything.

Post by Guest »

I've been having crashing problems with specific websites also with 106 and 105. It's much worse with 106 though. It's to the point now that I need to go back to IE--YUCK--because I have lost too much work with Firefox as it stands. IE at least DOES NOT CRASH. That's about all it does good, though.

I have no way to know what is causing it, as it seems to like and dislike some websites or webpages. All I know is that it is very unstable for me.
spamcan92

Post by spamcan92 »

No idea why you guys are having these problems. Just updated from 1.0.4 to 1.0.6 and it's working like a dream in Panther.
TDaMoose

Post by TDaMoose »

I am running FF 1.0.6 on a Mac dual 2 GHz G5. I am trying to load a plug-in into FF specifically Windows Media Player 9 so I can play .wmv files within my browser. However, I cannot figure out how to install the plug-in. I downloaded WMP 9 installer but when I open it, it wants to install it into my Applications folder. After install, I went to Liubrary>Internet plug-ins but the WMP player was not there.

I tried the help file - found the FF plug-in page and asked it to install the wMP plug-in manually but nothing happened. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Tom Casselman
Dual 2 GHz Macintosh G5 running OS 10.3.9
cynnie

error 405 how do I get rid of this problem

Post by cynnie »

Tried to enter internet get message HTTP Error 405 Method not allowed. Have not figured out how to correct.