An extension failed and all lost, my compliments Mozilla!!

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Barabba

An extension failed and all lost, my compliments Mozilla!!

Post by Barabba »

Great great day for me! Thank you Mozilla a lot!!
I've lost all the sessions, even if I use Session manager extension and it saved many files for backup in different days!

You had the BRILLANT idea to create a new folder for profiles and DELETE the old one with all the settings and backup files. Even if I recovered deleted files they are unusable because they are corrupted. So I LOST EVERYTHING and I don't know what important pages I was visiting and work to finish, MY COMPLIMENTS!! THANK YOU!!!

GREAT IDEA TO DELETE THE OLD FOLDER!!!!!! While you have NO REASONS to delete it when firefox is about to "restore" itself.
makaiguy

Re: An extension failed and all lost, my compliments Mozilla

Post by makaiguy »

Some reading material for you: http://www.mozillazine.org/about/
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Barabba wrote:Great great day for me! Thank you Mozilla a lot!!
I've lost all the sessions, even if I use Session manager extension and it saved many files for backup in different days!

You had the BRILLANT idea to create a new folder for profiles and DELETE the old one with all the settings and backup files. Even if I recovered deleted files they are unusable because they are corrupted. So I LOST EVERYTHING and I don't know what important pages I was visiting and work to finish, MY COMPLIMENTS!! THANK YOU!!!

GREAT IDEA TO DELETE THE OLD FOLDER!!!!!! While you have NO REASONS to delete it when firefox is about to "restore" itself.

Checked your Desktop for the Firefox folder that contains your old profile yet?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

The joy of "Give Firefox a tune up"
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

LoudNoise wrote:The joy of "Give Firefox a tune up"

AKA 'The Firefox **** Up'.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Barabba

Post by Barabba »

Thank you, I found it, between all icons I've on desktop. I apologize but would firefox tell about it with a popup, before worring that much. I can't read the "about" of all the programs I use, I just confide they are not that crazy to delete personal datas.

Thank you again!
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Barabba wrote:Thank you, I found it, between all icons I've on desktop. I apologize

No problem, you made an understandable assumption.

We all think that it should be made far clearer to users exactly what Firefox has done with the original profile, if it finds it necessary to replace it.

Thank you again!

:)