MozillaZine

how to not close all tabs?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
dukeofurl01

Post Posted May 16th, 2015, 4:33 pm

I noticed the change in the options in the latest Firefox. As I recall, there used to be something about warning me before closing all tabs in a window, or something like that. Well, it seems to have been reset, and I can't seem to find that option anymore, where did it go? I would like to reset it.

malliz
Folder@Home

Post Posted May 16th, 2015, 4:36 pm

Tools - Options - Tabs - tick "warn me when closing multiple tabs"
alt T to get to the options menu
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"

dukeofurl01

Post Posted May 16th, 2015, 5:20 pm

Previously, when I would attempt to close a window, a small window would appear that said "Are you sure you want to close # tabs?" - that is how I would know how many tabs I had open.
I have verified that Tools - Options - Tabs - tick "warn me when closing multiple tabs" is checked, yet an experiment revealed that I still do not get that warning, the window with multiple tabs just closes.

Update: I have figured out the solution. I had a plugin called "Tab Mix Plus 0.4.1.7" that was in conflict, and preventing the warning from functioning. When I updated FF, the incompatibility was not detected.
I disable that plugin, and re-ran the experiment, and the problem was fixed.

dickvl

Post Posted May 16th, 2015, 5:40 pm

The Tab settings have been moved to the Options/Preferences > General tab in Firefox 38.
See about:preferences#general

Some prefs (about:config):
browser.tabs.warnOnClose
browser.tabs.warnOnCloseOtherTabs

Ron A

Post Posted May 17th, 2015, 10:55 am

dukeofurl01 wrote:Previously, when I would attempt to close a window, a small window would appear that said "Are you sure you want to close # tabs?" - that is how I would know how many tabs I had open.
I have verified that Tools - Options - Tabs - tick "warn me when closing multiple tabs" is checked, yet an experiment revealed that I still do not get that warning, the window with multiple tabs just closes.

Update: I have figured out the solution. I had a plugin called "Tab Mix Plus 0.4.1.7" that was in conflict, and preventing the warning from functioning. When I updated FF, the incompatibility was not detected.
I disable that plugin, and re-ran the experiment, and the problem was fixed.

I disabled and it worked. However, I really need to have Tab Mix Plus work since there are many features I can't do without, so I have enabled it.

Closing without warning is a lesser evil but I also really need the warning window restored.

Is somebody working on that?

Ron A

Post Posted June 17th, 2015, 1:38 pm

Looks like Tab Mix Plus 0.4.1.8, released June 15th, fixed this problem.

Thanks to Tab Mix Plus for that.

Ron A

Post Posted July 2nd, 2015, 7:42 pm

Just loaded 39.0 and the safety pop up is gone again.

It was good while it lasted.

Ron A

Post Posted July 3rd, 2015, 1:59 pm

Ron A wrote:Just loaded 39.0 and the safety pop up is gone again.

It was good while it lasted.

Thank you.

Looks like it is fixed.

That was quick!

Return to Firefox Support