Firefox freezes in launching with my Twitter TL

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Jeromexx

Firefox freezes in launching with my Twitter TL

Post by Jeromexx »

Firefox 38 freezes and freezes the PC in launching with my Twitter TL so that I must kill the process with a pre-opened Process Explorer window. Then I see a little window speaking of crash.
It often freezes till crash with messages in Windows events journal about plugincontainer
No minidump for the scenario described above.
Jeromexx

Re: Firefox freezes in launching with my Twitter TL

Post by Jeromexx »

I get an error in windows journal with these infos :

Application défaillante plugin-container.exe, version 38.0.0.5606, module défaillant mozalloc.dll, version 38.0.0.5606, adresse de défaillance 0x00001aa1.
therube

Post by therube »

What is "Twitter TL"?

Are related crash reports logged, sent (about:crashes) ?
If so, the related crash report URLs?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Jeromexx

Post by Jeromexx »

Twitter TL is Twitter Timeline
I had the same phenomenon this morning with another web page in front : 5 minutes to have the Firefox Windows appearing after launching and Windows is at that moment clearly disturbed, freezing a lot. In "Health Report" under the menu ? it give no info all correct this morning, 5 seconds to start up ! ! !
So then I upgraded to 38.0.1 but I allready got temporary freezings of the scrolling in a page of "Amazone.com advices (or comments)" though memory or CPU are not saturated at all.
About:crashes says nothing was sent and nothing is to send.
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

Ask Twitter.. Timeline is their Application
https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=f ... 59&bih=647
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
Jeromexx

Post by Jeromexx »

As Firofox is suffering problems with lots of webpages, the problem is more probably with Firefox.
therube

Post by therube »

As a test, create a new, clean Profile.
Test your problematic websites with that?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Have you tried starting Firefox in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
If no improvement using Safe Mode, do you have the same problem if you create a new profile and test it with no extensions or non-default themes installed?
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager
and
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_ne ... on_Windows

Also, what security software are you running on that system?
Jeromexx

Post by Jeromexx »

It is difficult because in safemode I would not get this problem it is sure, because without the add-on Session Saver, the conditions cannot be reproduced. I get the default theme only.
I get inly MBAM installed but desactivated, and Comodo 5.10 (old version but safe) no antivirus (no problem in 7 years without and with controls)
It can be associated to another problem which is recent too, since MF 38, that is freezing in scrolling, sometimes to must kill the process firefox and even then it is difficult with drwatson window but no crash report.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

So far you have only linked the issue to launching Firefox with your Twitter Timeline but have not identified what other pages demonstrate the same issue. Have you tried launching without having that timeline page as a home page? Have you created a new, blank profile and started up with just the default settings?
RaveDave1

Post by RaveDave1 »

I had been having similar problems with two websites which kept Firefox freezing up everytime i visited them, one of the sites i timed at 4.5 minutes of a freeze up, i tried my backup browser Opera and both sites worked on it without a problem, i then tried Firefox with all add-ons disabled and both sites were still freezing, i then tried a clean profile and both sites worked, i then one at a time installed all of my add-ons to the clean profile and tested the two sites each time, both worked every time, after installing all my add-ons, i then started setting the options menus till how i like them set, after that both sites starting freezing again, it turned out that the use hardware acceleration setting needed to be selected for the sites to work normally. Whether this is the same problem you are having i don't know, but it would be worth checking it out just in case. Best of luck with it
Jeromexx

Post by Jeromexx »

@DanRaisch
RaveDave1

Yes I will try that

How do you "select" the harware acceleration specifically for a web site ?
therube

Post by therube »

about:preferences#advanced
(uncheck) Use hardware acceleration when available
redwolfe_98

Post by redwolfe_98 »

Jeromexx wrote:in safemode I would not get this problem, without the add-on Session Saver

if you are sure that you would have no problems as long the "session saver" addon wasn't being used, maybe you should consider not using the "session saver" addon?

the purpose of starting firefox in "safe mode" is to see if the addons that you are using are causing problems..

if one-or-more of the addons that you are using is causing problems, you should remove it and not use it..

i am thinking that your "session saver" addon is causing problems on your computer..

if you are having problems with "firefox" and you want to try to resolve the problems, you could try to resolve the problems by creating a new firefox profile.. you can use mozilla's "refresh firefox" tool to easily create a new profile.. here is a link for the "refresh firefox" tool:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/re ... d-settings

after having created a new firefox profile, tweak firefox's settings, as desired.. however if you are tweaking settings in FF's "about:config", don't tweak any settings there unless you are sure that it won't cause problems..

after having created a new profile and tweaking firefox's settings, begin installing the addons that you use and try to see if any of them cause problems..

make sure that you have the latest version of "firefox" installed.. the current version is firefox 38.0.5..

regarding the "twitter.com" website, i don't have any problems with it, myself, but, still, there could be problems with the website even though i don't experience them, myself..

i suspect that you have some type of malware-problem, and that could be causing problems with your using "twitter.com"..
find answers at "Mozilla Support":
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/firefox
Jeromexx

Post by Jeromexx »

Hello

I had problems of modem DNS hacked, so I had to manage it and find the solution, so it seems to work without these problems.
Anyhow if I had to uninstall Session Manager , I would use another browser, as anyone if there was not each one's indispensable addons.

So now I disabled the hardware acceleration as said , I wille see if there is a difference.
so for each website what to do ? right click on flash animations ? nothing else ?