Soundcloud problem! [Linux.]

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
aygusu

Soundcloud problem! [Linux.]

Post by aygusu »

Hello.
I can't listen souncloud files on other sites. You know, the ones which play soundcloud music url-s.
I asked them ( site owners of the site which i couldn't play soundcloud files ) about my problem.
They also looked into this problem but they said '' It looks like a Soundcloud configuration issue with your laptop.We are not able to reproduce the problem with our various devices at the office. '' . I don't know what to do now because a long long time ago i could listen the songs.. Can you help me to solve my problem ? By the way i also have the last version of flash on my laptop. And i'm using linux. And here's the site i have problem with ; http://tapastic.com/episode/41381
Last edited by LIMPET235 on May 27th, 2015, 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added Linux to the Title.
LIMPET235

Re: Soundcloud problem!

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving to Firefox Support...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
aygusu

Re: Soundcloud problem! [Linux.]

Post by aygusu »

Thanks ! sorry for that .
therube

Post by therube »

Owl City, Of June, worked for me, in Safe Mode.

If you're using NoScript & have 'Apply these restrictions to whitelisted sites too' enabled, then there should be a 'Block Object' item that you need to allow too. Probably ...Flash@...soundcloud.com.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

If you are using Ubuntu do you have the Soundcloud packages installed?
There are several in the repositories.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Hmm... I wasn't aware that fannying about about searching repositories and installing packages was required!?

@That link, SC links on other sites and my long standing SoundCloud account at their site all WFM with various Linux distros.

^^^ Try Safe Mode, and if that doesn't work a New 'test' Profile. (Flash is required)
@Couldn't hurt to try disabling Firefox Hardware Acceleration too.. Preferences > Advanced > General..under Browsing
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Did not open sound file for me as well.
I am using NoScript and there is an extensive list which pops up of blocked items.
You could try and temporarily allow some of the blocked items and see if that works.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
aygusu

Post by aygusu »

Sorry :/ i still have this problem. I tried in safe mode but still no use , it's not working .