Firefox 1.0.6-Installation Guidelines & Common Questions

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

Post by Guest »

Filipp0s,

On the very first page and your starting post please update the v1.0.6 to v1.0.7 because some new users have said they were here looking for help and thought the thread only dealt with v1.0.6.

Thank you
L R Congdon

Post by L R Congdon »

I have gone thru the FAQ's but have missed solutions to my problem although I am sure it has been experienced by others before. Anyway my problem: I have been useing Foxfire for some time and have experienced this problem before but can;t remember the correction procedure. My problem: I occassionally lose my Bookmarks. I know they are not lost only misplaced. They are still in I Explorer, however, I would like to move them cleanly to Firefox.
Hints and tips please.

Thanks.
mtz1of4

Post by mtz1of4 »

dave pirnak

Post by dave pirnak »

5{oaded firefox 1.06 . It appears on my iMac X screen , but when I click on the icon that has been loaded to the screen It moves to a page of junk ltetters asking me to buy OFFICE SUITE , which I DO NOT NEED..Is there a problem I should correct
Old enrgy21

Post by Old enrgy21 »

Why 1.0.6 and not 7? What versions have you had?
mtz1of4

Post by mtz1of4 »

Post by Guest »

dave pirnak wrote:It moves to a page of junk ltetters asking me to buy OFFICE SUITE , which I DO NOT NEED..Is there a problem I should correct

Yes. Get Firefox from www.mozilla.org , not some shady operator.
Guest2

Post by Guest2 »

1.0.6 is the first release of Firefox that causes crashes (java-related). It happens on certain sites. It happens way too often. Yes, I tried the clean install as well. Guru3d is one of the sites that randomly crashes Firefox.
Guest2

Post by Guest2 »

I should have added that this happens with 1.0.7 as well.
SirGrunge

Post by SirGrunge »

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/6254/error7gy.gif

That kinda says it, ive looked through the entire forum, deleted the files suggested and yet, NOTHING.
The browser works just fine, however using irc and nothing having the browser started i get the error when clicking an url.
Im puzzled, since ive done everything the forum suggests and still doesnt work.
mtz1of4

Post by mtz1of4 »

SirGrunge

fel is not firefox. Time to Dance the Security Tango (Don't forget, if you skip a step doing the Tango, you are just moving, not Dancing.)

You've got some spyware or something on your machine.
old np

Post by old np »

I think we're done with 1.0.6 install guidelines, eh?