FF v40.x + going to be this way?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
NTLS

FF v40.x + going to be this way?

Post by NTLS »

Greetings from the GREAT country of TEXAS,

Just wondering if the lack of "Full Screen" by F11 going to be the NEW Normal? Have turned off Menu Bar & Bookmarks Bar and the Tabs and Icons/w Address Box and Search Box remaining. The three (3) boxes upper right corner just get smaller with NOTHING going to full screen.
NTLS aka 'd' - "Lone Wanderer" Win7 Pro SP1 x64 Auto Updates FireFox v48.x
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
malliz
Folder@Home

Re: FF v40.x + going to be this way?

Post by malliz »

Using a nightly build that's a lot later than 40 and I get a true full screen using F11. Did you try Firefox Safe mode?
edit: You may want to read
faq.php?mode=rules#f3r3
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
jdspencer

Post by jdspencer »

F11 works for me. Possibly an add on is affecting the functionality of F11.
NTLS

Post by NTLS »

jdspencer,

If it is a plugin then it just started when v40.0.3 came out. Do not think it is caused by this because not very many installed plus have been using these for several months. Have a screen shot of my plugins if anyone would like to see them.

malliz,

Did not realize my sig had gone to four lines. May I apologize?

Both Posters:

Have three (3) screen shots showing my Plugins, FF/Normal, & FF/after F11. All that F11 does is removes Menu Bar and BookMarks Bar, title bar and address box/w search box & icons remain.

Thank you for reading my posts, hope my corrections worked
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
NTLS

Post by NTLS »

jdspencer,

If it is a plugin then it just started when v40.0.3 came out. Do not think it is caused by this because not very many installed plus have been using these for several months. Have a screen shot of my plugins if anyone would like to see them.

malliz,

Did not realize my sig had gone to four lines. May I apologize?

Both Posters:

Have three (3) screen shots showing my Plugins, FF/Normal, & FF/after F11. All that F11 does is removes Menu Bar and BookMarks Bar, title bar and address box/w search box & icons remain.

Thank you for reading my posts, hope my corrections worked

[size=150]P.S. Your "George" may have reentered on my behalf, attempted to post the above message and was told It is INVALID, or words to that effect. Rechecked and ran Preview then submitted again and it was posted, but; placed me back in the Editing window for my message. Thank you again[/size]