Customize Noia Classic Tabs - Possible?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Flycaster

Customize Noia Classic Tabs - Possible?

Post by Flycaster »

I have Firefox 40.0.3. I usually update FF as soon as the updates come out. My theme is Noia4 and I have been using TabsMixPlus. Just prior to FF 40.0.3, I was able to use TMP to color the tabs and Noia Fox Options (with Classic Noia Tabs selected). With these add-ons, the tabs were rectangular with rounded edges and had colored backgrounds. However, when going to FF 40.0.3, the tabs became a combination of TMP and Noia. Specifically, the TMP shaped tabs (the TMP tabs maintained their selected colors) overlay the Noia tabs...which looked quite ugly. Well, I undid my TMP tab customization, and now I have Noia rectangular tabs whose only color background is blue (indicating an open tab) and all the lettering in the tabs is black. I now like the shape of the Classic Noia tabs and want to keep them, but would like to change the color of the tabs themselves depending on how they are functioning (ie, unread, open, read, etc). Is this now possible? I'm thinking of Stylish, but don't know enough about it do what I want to do...or even if it is possible.
Windows 11, FF Latest, Edge v94, Thunderbird Latest, Defender
dfoulkes

Re: Customize Noia Classic Tabs - Possible?

Post by dfoulkes »

Assuming that you are talking about the now abandoned Noia 4 theme... see here...
[Theme] Noia 4 + Noia 4 Manager • mozillaZine Forums

...towards the end of the last page the author points to a couple of alternatives... I don't use them so I can't comment...

FWIW ... long ago I used that theme but what I really wanted out of it was the buttons that it provided so I uninstalled it and am now using the Noia Buttons extension...
NoiaButtons :: Add-ons for Firefox

I use TMP and that Noia extension and I have those colors for tabs... works fine... but I don't know what the shape of your tabs are... the ones you want... mine are rounded at the top.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi df,
Just an idea....know what I mean?....Perhaps whack an image up to show exactly how the tabs appear to the "Flycaster"?
I can't imagine exactly what you envisage, as there are so many variables.
:)
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

This posting explains the situation as best as I have seen for that defunct Noia 4 theme.
viewtopic.php?p=13481135#p13481135

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

LIMPET235 wrote:Hi df,
Just an idea....know what I mean?....Perhaps whack an image up to show exactly how the tabs appear to the "Flycaster"?
I can't imagine exactly what you envisage, as there are so many variables.
:)

Yeah... but I was going to let Flycaster do the work of posting a screen-shot... welllll... I'm lazy :lol: :lol:

... but since you're making this old guy work for my bread here's what I have....kind of small but I think it will work....
http://oi59.tinypic.com/mk940p.jpg
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Ahaa.
The old "Red Oktober conning tower" look.
Smoooth, but does it save you from coffee spills?

At least it gives Flycaster an idea on what he can expect & play with.
Good stuff.

Thanks for the update, Ed.
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

http://oi59.tinypic.com/mk940p.jpg
Definitely questionable taste in UI appearance. #-o

But I suppose the same could be said about me. It took me almost a year, but I have embraced Australis and have modded the Menu Panel to suite my tastes and take up much less space when open.
https://userstyles.org/styles/107442/fx ... ntal-icons

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Minimalistic but usable, eh wot!
Neat stuff.

Flycaster

Post by Flycaster »

Here's the way my FF40.0.3 looks with Noia4. Actually, I'm now quite happy with the Noia tabs: Those in bold have been opened, those in bold with yellow background have not been opened, and the one that is italicized in bold with a blue background is open. They look rather neat and stream-lined to me.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a30/Fl ... 40.0.3.jpg
Aris

Post by Aris »

@Flycaster
Why and how have you removed bookmark toolbars background color?
I'm sure this is NoiaFox on your screenshot as Noia4 theme was never updated to work past Fx31 or Fx32.
Flycaster

Post by Flycaster »

My bad, I am using Noia Fox 3.1.5. Somehow (duh!) I thought I was still using Noia4 although my add-on clearly show Noia Fox???

Here's how I think I changed the bookmark bar using Stylish:
@namespace url(http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gateke ... s.only.xul);
#PersonalToolbar .toolbarbutton-text[value*="GROUPS"] { color: #EDFD05 !important; font-weight: bold !important; }
#PersonalToolbar { background: #98B0D2 !important; font-weight: bold !important; }
#PersonalToolbar .toolbarbutton-text { color: #4708F7 !important; font-weight: bold !important; }

I am also using Classic Theme Restorer and Noia Fox Options.