Right-aligned bookmarks toolbar

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
YowzaTheYuzzum

Right-aligned bookmarks toolbar

Post by YowzaTheYuzzum »

I posted this in Themes as well, but haven't gotten any response... besides, it's as much a support question as it is a themes question. Is there any way to right-align the items in the bookmarks toolbar?

In that image, there's a flexible space to the left of the bookmarks toolbar, and a separator to the right... Instead of the bookmarks being all the way to the right as would be expected, there's a huge gap, as you can see. Is there any anyway to right-align those items, preferably with a userChrome.css edit?
YowzaTheYuzzum

Post by YowzaTheYuzzum »

... Anyone?
YowzaTheYuzzum

Post by YowzaTheYuzzum »

No one?
YowzaTheYuzzum

Post by YowzaTheYuzzum »

:/
azmar

Post by azmar »

Ok, I need help here... I think it may have something to do with the <code>-moz-box-align</code> style property (see http://www.xulplanet.com/references/ele ... rties.html - about a third of the way down).

I tried inspecting the bookmarks toolbar with the DOM inspector and I can find <code>-moz-box-align</code> under "computed style" for personal-bookmarks. Instead of "stretch", as it's currently set to, I want to try changing it to "end", but I can't for the life of me figure out how, whether through userchrome.css or whatever.

Tried

Code: Select all

personal-bookmarks { -moz-box-align: end !important; }
and variations thereof, but it doesn't work.

Of course, I may be totally off track. :P

Anyone with any actual coding skills wanna pitch in? :D
YowzaTheYuzzum

Post by YowzaTheYuzzum »

Don't think that's it... "For boxes that have horizontal orientation, it specifies how its children will be aligned vertically. For boxes that have vertical orientation, it is used to specify how its children are algined horizontally."

I tried:

bookmarks-ptf { -moz-box-align: end !important; }

... moved the icons right to the bottom of the toolbar. I was thinking it would be -moz-box-direction or -moz-box-pack, but neither of those appear to work either.

Post by Guest »

YowzaTheYuzzum

Post by YowzaTheYuzzum »

That didn't really help... thanks anyway though.
azmar

Post by azmar »

Hmm...

#bookmarks-ptf { -moz-box-pack: end !important; }

almost works, but I get this strange effect where a chevron >> overlays the end of the toolbar and the last one or two bookmarks will appear in a drop-down menu.
Old Greg S

Post by Old Greg S »

When you right click, customize, is there possibly a flexible space to the left and right of the bookmarks? I placed the bookmarks toolbar on the menu/toolbar like the pic shows but bookmarks align to the left, but I have a flexible space(by default I guess) to the right of but/and to the left of where your vertical separator is to the left of update icon and I have no flexible space to the left of/right of main-menubar. Did any of that make sense?lol If you have a flexible space to the right of the bookmarks, try removing it if you have a flexible space to the left of bookmark items and see what that does.
YowzaTheYuzzum

Post by YowzaTheYuzzum »

I lost track of what you were saying, sorry. Here's the toolbar in customize mode:

Flexible space, then bookmarks toolbar, then separator.
Zagin

Post by Zagin »

have you tried putting more than 1 flexible space together?
YowzaTheYuzzum

Post by YowzaTheYuzzum »

Yes I have... doesn't really help, as I resize my window a lot.
Zagin

Post by Zagin »

i think it might be a bug just with the bookmark item, since everything else can be align-right correctly. maybe file a bug in bugzilla. it might not be possible to do it if it is a bug.
RadioactiveMan

Post by RadioactiveMan »

This will align them to the right for a second or so after startup, but then for some reason they are all hidden and you need to click >> to get at them. Maybe you can get it to work if you mess around with it.

.bookmarks-toolbar-items { -moz-box-direction: reverse !important; }
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b4) Gecko/20050908 Firefox/1.4 BOBA CE