Not recovering Last Session Tabs

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
LastSessionTab

Not recovering Last Session Tabs

Post by LastSessionTab »

Hi,
Since I've recently updated to version 45.0.1 on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits, everytime I close the browser, when I open it again, it does not recover the tabs from last session, nor the recalls in history. It's a real bummer ](*,)
Is there something I could check?
Thank you.
C
DanRaisch

Re: Not recovering Last Session Tabs

Post by DanRaisch »

Did you confirm that the settings are set as you intend?
Menu path Tools->Options->General->is Firefox set to "Display windows and tabs from last time" selected?
What is selected under menu path Tools->Options->Privacy->History section->"Firefox will:"?
LastSessionTab

Post by LastSessionTab »

Hi Dan,
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I've checked that at first but it's "Display windows and tabs from last time" selected and "Remember history" (I don't know if these are the exact words as my firefox is in spanish). The same was happening to all my PCs (and that's 5!).
The only thing in common is that we're all using Fast Dial Extension. And as soon I've realized that was the common thing, I tried to disable the extension. And it has started to work properly! I've done the same to the rest of my Firefox and that was it: this new version seems to be incompatible with the Fast Dial extension (I find it more useful and and customizable than these huge "thumbnails" that have incorporated, which are not customizable neither in size or number).
Anyway, thanks for your message that made me think about what could be causing the problem.
All the best,
C
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome and thank you for reporting which extension was causing the issue.
MasterMarik

Post by MasterMarik »

I'm having this issue too but don't have that extension, nor do I have the checkbox to display tabs from last time. I do have addons but they have never been an issue before. I just shut down my computer with the browser window open and it's been fine before. Now I get "Well this is embarrassing" every time I open Firefox for the first time each day.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

This thread was about an installation where the user wanted the windows and tabs from the last session displayed but that was not happening. If you do not have Firefox set to display the windows and tabs from last time, what is happening that you do not expect?
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

MasterMarik...
It's really a bad idea to...
I just shut down my computer with the browser window open......
Firefox writes to disc upon a "normal" closing but if you shut the PC down with Firefox open....
some files may be corrupted.
I suggest that you close all running apps BEFORE shutting the PC down.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Msterieus

Post by Msterieus »

I am having a similar problem. It started around the time my Windows 7 was last automatically updated. I turn on my PC, Firefox opens, then it says "well, this is embarrassing. Firefox is having trouble recovering your windows and tabs." If I simply press "page down" and click on "restore," everything restores.

I have tried this suggestion (from your site): "You may have corrupt sessionstore file(s). Type about:support in the address bar and press enter. Under the page logo on the left side you will see Application Basics. Under this find Profile Folder. To it’s right press the button Show Folder. This will open your file browser to the current Firefox profile. Now Close Firefox. Locate the sessionstore file(s). Then rename or delete them. Restart Firefox." It did not work. Then, I removed Firefox from my PC and re-installed it. No help. I am about to give up and switch to Google Chrome, which I hate to do. Any advice on how to fix this?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Locate the sessionstore file(s). Then rename or delete them. Restart Firefox." It did not work.
Do you mean that the previous session was not restored when you restarted Firefox after renaming or deleting those files, or that it is still not restoring sessions after browsing and then properly shutting down and relaunching Firefox?