Tabs problem.

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
pewe

Tabs problem.

Post by pewe »

I am having an issue with tab display and post it here because it does not seem to be related to one particular add-on.

I have tried 2 different add-ons to group tabs for easy of management.
The 2 add-ons I have tried are
- Tab Groups with Tabs Group helper
and separately
- TabGroups Manager revived.

What happens often is that the row of tabs which are displayed for each tab disappear and only the tabs are shown. The only way to get them back is to 'add a new tab' then delete it again.

As this happens with both of the extensions I am wondering if anyone else has problems with tabs disappearing - or if anyone knows a fix.

Thanks
Jeromexx

Re: Tabs problem.

Post by Jeromexx »

It seems that Groups is a feature that was abandoned recently.
pewe

Post by pewe »

If that's the case then it is a massively backward step.

I am sure that a not insignificant number of firefox users find 'Groups' a useful feature and I don't understand why developers (not just of firefox) make changes to products without polling users for an opinion.

If it ain't broke - don't fix it.
8writer8

Post by 8writer8 »

Likewise, I'm having trouble with the TAB GROUPS add-on, in combination with TAB GROUPS HELPER and TAB GROUPS MANAGER REVIVED.

I may be in error to have this combination going, but there's not much documentation on any of these add-ons. I'm also using TAB MIX PLUS, by the way.

I don't know how many other users deal with dozens and dozens of tabs in different subjects and LOVE the organization that Tab Groups lets you have, especially in the familiar interface of having tabs at the top of the page, and groups above that! I'd gladly throw someone $100 to develope a working, stable WebEx that will survive FF57 and have all these bells and whistles!

Anyway, I have the problem of my previously-opened Tabs appearing as "New Tab" when I reopen FF. They show the favicon of the site, and still have the "protection" symbol if it was a protected tab. But if I click it, it's just a completely blank tab and address bar. Also, if I have a tab open from a particular group, within that group I can mouse over the tab, and it shows the URL! But only within the group that has an open tab and focus.

I've killed all my other Add-Ons but these and Floatnotes (because I have vital notes on that one) and I still have this problem.

I'd use a different assortment of Add-Ons if they'd just give me this:
• multiple rows of tabs
• tab groups above the displayed tabs
• options to close, mute, pin tabs, etc.
• ability to drag tabs and groups within and between windows.

Any ideas? Or any ideas to fix what I (at least until FF57) have?

Thanks!
8writer8

Post by 8writer8 »

Forgot to give the details.

I'm running FF 55.0.3 on Windows 10 on a fast machine with 32 GB of RAM.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated!
8writer8

Post by 8writer8 »

Here's a screenshot: https://flic.kr/p/YCQaDz

Notice the full link name showing up in the mouseover n the upper right.

Can't figure this one out!
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

Get "OneTab" and be happy ;)
i think it wills survive as webextension because its already on chrome present.