4 years history cut down to 1 after 'refresh'?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Zarnia1

4 years history cut down to 1 after 'refresh'?

Post by Zarnia1 »

Recently I had to 'refresh' firefox due to a problem with it not playing embedded videos. I had 4 years browsing history in Firefox before the refresh, (I use it a lot in my research) but after it was down to 1 year. I have a backup of my whole Firefox profile from about 6 months ago. How do I restore the history from the backup without loosing the recent history?
Thanks.
DanRaisch

Re: 4 years history cut down to 1 after 'refresh'?

Post by DanRaisch »

That "Refresh" is a very unfortunate addition to Firefox because it is not explained clearly enough and is really just a different way to create a new profile.

You can restore the more recent history by retrieving it from the profile that should be on your desktop after the "refresh." https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/re ... le-folders
therube

Re: 4 years history cut down to 1 after 'refresh'?

Post by therube »

(Backup your backed up [on Desktop] Profile. FF does not [no longer does] store history based upon "time" [as in you can't say, "retain 4 years history", so be careful in that respect as you might end up loosing what you thought you've retained. There may ? be an extension to help in that respect?)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript