remove autopagerize from contextual menu using stylish

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
ale82to

remove autopagerize from contextual menu using stylish

Post by ale82to »

can please someone tell me how to remove autopagerize from contextual menu using stylish,see pic
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=3 ... hoto%2cpng
thanks
Lemons

Re: remove autopagerize from contextual menu using stylish

Post by Lemons »

This isn't something that Stylish is capable of. Stylish edits webpages, not Firefox itself. The best you can do is look around in Autopagerize's own options and hope the developer of that addon was smart enough to include an option to turn off its context menu entry. If that isn't possible then you're probably stuck with it.
pirst

Post by pirst »

you can probably remove that entry by using userChrome.css

if you look into that addon main.js file there is part of the function called contextMenu.Menu. It looks like it uses approach to generate that context menu entry that is a bit more advanced than it's documented in mozilla's documentation.

I'm no programmer myself, but thats all there is to it - finding how the entry is called and disabling it by adding the entry to your userChrome.css file something like this:

Code: Select all

#AutoPagerize 
{
  display: none !important;
}
maybe

.AutoPagerize
{
  display: none !important;
}

stylish is not needed for such task.
ale82to

Post by ale82to »

thanks for the reply but none of them worked unluckily.
t3l0zvxqIiXuzuH0

Post by t3l0zvxqIiXuzuH0 »

Lemons wrote:This isn't something that Stylish is capable of. Stylish edits webpages, not Firefox itself. The best you can do is look around in Autopagerize's own options and hope the developer of that addon was smart enough to include an option to turn off its context menu entry. If that isn't possible then you're probably stuck with it.
Wrong. Stylish is perfectly capable of editing parts of Firefox, you just have to know the id of the element.

I don't use Autopagerize but I have two possible solutions:

1. Put this in Stilish:

@namespace url(http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul);
#contentAreaContextMenu > menuitem[label="AutoPagerize"] { display: none !important; }
2. Install MenuWizard.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Lemons wrote:This isn't something that Stylish is capable of. Stylish edits webpages...
.... in the Google Chrome version. The original Stylish works in Firefox for both content and chrome (UI) changes.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)