Firefox Sync not syncing

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
SeahawksXLVIII

Firefox Sync not syncing

Post by SeahawksXLVIII »

I am having an issue with Firefox not syncing anything. On one computer, I added four bookmarks, saved three new passwords, and many sites have been added to my history. I get on Firefox on another computer, those bookmarks do not get synced, the passwords are not saved, and none of the history made on the one computer is on the other computer. In fact, I made Firefox forget a password to a website but Firefox still remembers the password on this computer. I sat for 15 minutes and none of this synced. I have found that Sync only works when I log in from a brand new computer or after completely resetting Firefox. It does not sync anything if I get on a Firefox that I am already logged into. I tell Firefox to sync everything so I don't know what the problem is.
the-edmeister

Re: Firefox Sync not syncing

Post by the-edmeister »

Type about:sync-log in the URL bar and hit Enter.

Any "logs" listed there?

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
SeahawksXLVIII

Post by SeahawksXLVIII »

error-sync-1462193070883.txt
error-sync-1462193098950.txt
SeahawksXLVIII

Post by SeahawksXLVIII »

For some reason, I was logged out of Firefox Sync. I go into my sync tab and it asks me to log in to start syncing. as soon as I clicked 'log in', my email address was already filled in, all I had to do was type my password. However, Firefox immediately sent me an email "Sign in from new device" when I signed into this devices a month ago. and obviously it is not a new device, because Firefox automatically filled in my password. My password wasn't even in an editable text box, the only thing I could type in was a password, so I don't know where that "new sign in" came from.