Link underlining

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Rekusu2

Link underlining

Post by Rekusu2 »

What ho one and all,

For years, I have been happy with FF20; it does all that I wanted. I have tried newer versions in the past but always encountered issues, so went back to 20.

A few weeks ago, I switched to FF43 and am trying to get it the way I like.

I have reset page colours (Tools/Options/Content) so that the background is one colour (blue/green), text is black, unvisited links are underlined and blue, and visited links, red. This worked fine in 20, no problems. I also have a Page Colour button on the toolbar and can switch to the site default colours.

But 43, visited links do not go to red, they stay blue. I have tried in Safe Mode but the same. This was one reason in the past that having tried other versions, I returned to 20.

Is it a bug? Is it fixable,

Toodle pip and thanks

Rex
LIMPET235

Re: Link underlining

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving to Firefox Support...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
therube

Post by therube »

Some links that are changed to red in FF 20 that remain blue in FF 43?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

As a test... create a test profile and make those color changes... but otherwise use it as-is... then do some testing... let us know the results...

Creating a new Firefox profile on Windows - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
And,.... DON'T TOUCH THAT "Choose Folder..." BUTTON! ... unless you fully know all about it.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
Rekusu2

Post by Rekusu2 »

I have found the problem but don't know the fix. Because I have set a page colour, when I set the Override to 'Always' it changes the Options to that page colour. When I next check, it has returned to Never.

If I reboot FF, my page colour comes up, but the override has rest to Never. I can switch page colours by a button, obtained from the Toolbar Buttons Add0n. That works for switching. I used the same in FF20, never had a problem. My wife is still on FF20 (Japanese) and no problem.

Also tried in Safe, but the same problem.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

dfoulkes wrote:As a test... create a test profile and make those color changes... but otherwise use it as-is... then do some testing... let us know the results...

Creating a new Firefox profile on Windows - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
And,.... DON'T TOUCH THAT "Choose Folder..." BUTTON! ... unless you fully know all about it.
You need to try what I posted above... the results of that test will help in figuring this out.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
Rekusu2

Post by Rekusu2 »

Had a bit of a torrid time, but think I have solved the problem. Trying to get Clearly add-on, but all I achieved was to prevent the computer from starting after using a wacky (Russion?) site that had it listed.

Restored from an image taken one month ago, and found that my old FF20 was now 'Not Responding.' So uninstalled it and installed FF38ESR that I had saved some time ago. Have spent too much time trying to get it running the way I want, and in the process, think I have found the solution to the thread issue.

It is all to do with Options/Privacy/History. I assumed that Remember Browsing History check removed, meant that when I log off, history is cleaned. But in fact, turning Remember Browsing History to on, brings back the blue (unvisitied) / red (visited) options.

Thanks for the support and advice.

Rex
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Older Firefox versions used a Boolean pref for the color setting.
browser.display.use_document_colors

Current releases use an Integer pref (0-2).
browser.display.document_color_use

Also make sure that you do not run Firefox in permanent Private Browsing mode (never remember history).
Rekusu2

Post by Rekusu2 »

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the advice; all appears to be as I want it now.