Alternate extension to Evernote Clearly.

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Rekusu2

Alternate extension to Evernote Clearly.

Post by Rekusu2 »

What ho one and all,

For years, I have been using an old version of FF and some good add-ons. Just upgraded to 43 and not a happy bunny!

I have been using Evernote Clearly in the past and it worked well. Now it is no longer; the alternatives are not what I want. I do not want to save to the cloud and read on my smartphone (don't have one.) I just want to copy and save the text as Clearly did.

Is there a suitable alternative to Clearly?

Toodle pip and thanks

Rex
Last edited by LIMPET235 on May 25th, 2016, 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited the Title a tad.
LIMPET235

Re: Clearly

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving to Firefox Support...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
therube

Re: Alternate extension to Evernote Clearly.

Post by therube »

Now it is no longer
No longer why?
If its only a signing issue, you may be able to postpone its demise.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
psaulm119

Post by psaulm119 »

I have been using Clearly extension 10.2.1.7.1 (the latest, as far as I know) and it has been working fine, on any version of FF I've used recently.

If you don't have that, I could email it to you, as I don't know if they even let folks download it any more.

Other alternates are the FF native Reader option---when you go on a page that FF can render Reader-able, you will see a book icon on the right end of the URL bar. Reader doesn't render pages with quite the same accuracy that Clearly does (occasionally it misses something, usually a pic that Clearly retains) but it is still pretty good.

Another one is Readability. I used that for years before I moved to Clearly. Readability was great, it just took a little longer to render the page than Clearly did. Get it here: https://www.readability.com/addons/
Paul
Rekusu2

Post by Rekusu2 »

To date, I have found that the Native Reader does not work on every page. Clearly is no longer supported on the Evernote site and has been removed. I tried their new program, but do not wnat stuff saved to the cloud.

Usually, because Clearly removes the site c**p, I then just copy and paste into Word and all is hunky dory.

if I cannot find 10.2.1.7.1, I may take up your offer. Thanks
Rekusu2

Post by Rekusu2 »

Had a rather torrid time in the past few hours. Searched for Clearly 10.2.1.7.1 and can only find it on some wacky sites. Decided to give downloading a try, but basically, managed to screw up the computer!

Restored the OS from an image, upgraded FF to 38ESR (yesterday I was trying 43) and getting the add-ons that I want. Cannot find Clearly; every link says 'Removed by Author.' However, I have found
Tranquiltty (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefo ... quility-1/) and it seems to do pretty much what Clearly did.

I'm not happy, but it is better than everything else that assumes I want to save the page to the cloud. Reader only works for me occasionally, so not much use.