Cookies whitelist

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Kracov

Cookies whitelist

Post by Kracov »

I have a cookies whitelist, been doing it like this for years it helps reduce clutter. I was wondering if it were possible to have better control with the whitelist cookies through an addon? For example, I often go to tube sites and videos will not play unless i allow cookies. It's rather annoying really. Maybe there's an addon that allows all cookies for the duration of private browsing?
Firefox 109 Windows 10
BarbieBarb

Re: Cookies whitelist

Post by BarbieBarb »

There are several..
I was using Cookie Controller https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ontroller/
but now use Custombuttons instead.

You need to have Custombuttons addon for any install of custombuttons... but there are hundreds of custombuttons to choose and install http://custombuttons.sourceforge.net/fo ... 782762ccce
and 596 that you need to unzip cb2db.zip http://custombuttons.sourceforge.net/fo ... ?f=4&t=266
Cookies Permissions
(click the install link in the very top left corner)https://infocatcher.github.io/Custom_Bu ... sions.html
Last edited by BarbieBarb on May 30th, 2016, 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anon42

Post by anon42 »

See if Cookie Whitelist, With Buttons serves your purposes. That's the one I use.

Edit:
Hmm, addon page says 3.4 is not available for FF46. And sure enough I still have 3.3. 3.3 does appear to be working on my FF46.0.1. Note on that page does say to use 3.3 for FF46.
Kracov

Post by Kracov »

hmm i was hoping for something better than a cookie button, still. i would easily forget to disable cookies with the button. usually i have the options open while i have cookies enabled in private browsing. this way, when i'm done with private browsing, i can disable the cookies and close the options tab. with the button, it's away from my general view and harder to remember to toggle it.
Firefox 109 Windows 10
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Not sure if this type of extension is what you need... I use Cookie Monster and in its options menu (on my add-ons bar) ... if I visit a site needing cookies I temp allow cookies and when done with the site I click on Revoke temp allowed... or if I don't care for a period of time... when I close Firefox all those temp allowed get removed... anyway... worth a look?

Cookie Monster :: Add-ons for Firefox

And there are other exts. on AMO that handle that stuff.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
anon42

Post by anon42 »

Kracov wrote:hmm i was hoping for something better than a cookie button, still. i would easily forget to disable cookies with the button.
What are you looking for as opposed to some kind of button? FWIW, the one I suggested does not automatically whitelist cookies. You have to explicitly click its button to whitelist it.
Kracov

Post by Kracov »

dfoulkes, unforntunately even that extension requires clicking "allow cookies from domain.com" for every single domain i visit, unless i'm missing something.
Firefox 109 Windows 10
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

It's going to come down to the indiv. users likes and dislikes... all that I can tell you is what I do...

I have my default profile with a number of extensions such as NoScript, Cookie Monster etc...

What I did long ago was to clear out all of my cookies, install Cookie Monster and visit all sites that I trust and/or want to just keep cookies all the time for those sites.

So, when I visit a new site on a temp basis I temp allow cookies but if I say... want to visit U.T. and don't want to mess with temp allows or temp allow scripts (in NoScript) I just copy the sites link to my pretty basic profile that I also have running... in that profile I only have the extension uBlock origin (add blocking) ... and then I use that profile for what I call my junk browsing... and in that profile Options... I have it set to clear everything except bookmarks when it closes.

You can run as many profiles as you like along-side your main profile by using the code in this doc.
Opening a new instance of your Mozilla application with another profile - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

I don't know if you know how to create other profiles... so JIC...
Creating a new Firefox profile on Windows - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
And,.... DON'T TOUCH THAT "Choose Folder..." BUTTON! ... unless you fully know all about it.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!