Zoom

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
jlschwartz

Zoom

Post by jlschwartz »

I just updated to Firefox version 47.0 and zoom does not work. I determined that the addon nosquint does not appear to work with the latest version of firefox. :(
DanRaisch

Re: Zoom

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Firefox Support as version 47.0 is the current release version.

Zoom is working fine here in 47. Does the same thing occur if you launch the application in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode Perhaps an extension (even NoSquint) is causing the issue with zoom.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

jlschwartz wrote:I just updated to Firefox version 47.0 and zoom does not work. I determined that the addon nosquint does not appear to work with the latest version of firefox. :(

Correct, NoSquint is dead and IMIO NoSquint Plus is hardly a viable alternative.
Try this.. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... zoom-page/ .. been happily using it since Fx47 beta came out.
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
therube

Post by therube »

I didn't know:
Due to longstanding compatibility issues and lack of the proper time to support the continuing evolution of Firefox, I am very sorry to have to say that NoSquint is no longer being maintained.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /nosquint/

I gather there are going to be quite a few upset users once FF 47 starts hitting them.
(NoSquint hasn't worked in SeaMonkey in a long time, so we're used to its absence.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Yep, been discussed at Builds/Beta a while back.
Life goes on... Zoom Page is very nice.
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
therube

Post by therube »

Zoom Page is very nice.
That looks interesting, thanks.

And after running it through the converter, I'm thinking it basically works in SeaMonkey too. (I'm not quite yet understanding its features, but in general looks to be working.)

Left is this page at 120%.
Right is this page, with ZoomPage, Fit-to-width F/S (I'm pretty sure that's where I've set it).
(Once you click the thumbnail, you might have to right-click, View Image to get full size? [And then scroll horizontally ;-).)

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
therube

Post by therube »

And after running it through the converter, I'm thinking it basically works in SeaMonkey too. (I'm not quite yet understanding its features, but in general looks to be working.)
And that said, I'm not sure how to back out from or disable the changes it has made.
So if you do try it in SeaMonkey, do it in a test Profile.

I believe it is this, browser.zoom.full, that needs to be (manually) reverted (or at least for the particular zoom setting I had chosen). (And maybe more then just that too?)
James

Post by James »

There is the "NoSquint Plus" extension that is more up to date.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... uint-plus/
85rx-7se

Post by 85rx-7se »

Agree with the use of No Squint Plus add on ... it fixes the ctrl + / ctrl - zoom not working due to
the old No Squint add on .. uninstalling the old one and putting in the new one fixed it all. Only
thing I needed to do, is reset zoom levels for some site to what I prefer.
iwod

Post by iwod »

Thx. Updating to Firefox 47 it no longer respect my Windows DPI 125% scaling. Installing No Squint Plus fix that.
Diane Vigil

Post by Diane Vigil »

FYI, Zoom Page also has a zoom image section. Been using it for quite a while.
iwod

Post by iwod »

iwod wrote:Thx. Updating to Firefox 47 it no longer respect my Windows DPI 125% scaling. Installing No Squint Plus fix that.
No Squint Plus keeps poping up its home page from time to time. Is this normal?
EB3551

Post by EB3551 »

Hi,

I wish I had known sooner that NoSquint didn't work with FF v.47, and the author no longer supported the add-on. I've been ticked off with FF since the 47 update, but thanks to this thread, at least now I know what's going on, and how to fix the zoom problem.

I installed NoSquint Plus, and so far it works well and unobtrusively. Wheww!

Thank you all who suggested solutions.

EB
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

iwod wrote...
No Squint Plus keeps popping up its home page from time to time. Is this normal?
This, from one of his Reviewers on the 13th...
...for a start kept going to the developers website...
So, it appears that there may be a slight problem with it,
Why not contact the author?
He has an email addy on the site.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
85rx-7se

Post by 85rx-7se »

That is not happening on either of my 2 computers that have NoSquint Plus installed.
I also do not see any entry for it in About:Config -- maybe there is something about
it in your User Profile