CONSTANT Crashes

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Smitty54017

CONSTANT Crashes

Post by Smitty54017 »

Over the last month or so, FF has been crashing frequently...sometimes several times in a row (Open, sudden crash. Open, sudden crash...). This is happening on 2 separate computers. 1 running Win 7 64 bit, the other running Win 10. I have tried EVERYTHING, including going back to older versions, deleting profiles, deleting cookies, uninstalling/disabling add ons, disabling hardware acceleration, etc. Crashes seem to happen most frequently on Facebook, especially when scrolling. I am currently running version 47.0, but this is happening even when I try going back as far as version 45.

Anyone else having this issue? I'm ready to dump FF in favor of Chrome or another browser.
Vitesse

Re: CONSTANT Crashes

Post by Vitesse »

The one thing you don't say you've tried is using Firefox Safe Mode. You don't mention having done any malware scans either.
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

In the address/url bar enter: about:crashes

Copy/Paste the top 2 or 3 links : right-click use: Copy Link Location... Then paste that link back into this thread. Maybe someone can figure out where your crashing.
cebalrai

Post by cebalrai »

TheVisitor wrote:In the address/url bar enter: about:crashes

Copy/Paste the top 2 or 3 links : right-click use: Copy Link Location... Then paste that link back into this thread. Maybe someone can figure out where your crashing.

I'm having the same problem. I can't do the about:crashes thing because it crashes before it can complete.... it's really that bad. And it's happening across multiple computers...
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

cebalrai,
Would you please, stay with your own thread, as it makes it difficult checking for answers etc., in multiple threads.
Thank you.
> http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14635721
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
computerfail

Post by computerfail »

I haven't had any crash problems with Firefox until updating to FF48 recently. With FF48 it is constantly crashing and I've had the same problem on two computers.

I have tried FF48 without addons and still the same problem.

It seems it could be bookmark related, in my case.

I have gone back to FF47 for time being.

I tested FF48 Portable which seemed to work fine.

I did complete malware scans and I'm usually pretty good with that.
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

computerfail wrote:I haven't had any crash problems with Firefox until updating to FF48 recently. With FF48 it is constantly crashing and I've had the same problem on two computers.

I have tried FF48 without addons and still the same problem.

It seems it could be bookmark related, in my case.

I have gone back to FF47 for time being.

I tested FF48 Portable which seemed to work fine.

I did complete malware scans and I'm usually pretty good with that.
Did you read this thread ? In order to figure out what your crash signature is you have to give us links to the crashes, see my post here:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14634971
computerfail

Post by computerfail »

Thanks for the tip, I didn't know about the about:crashes.

However, I updated to FF48.01 and it now seems to be working normally, I guess they fixed the crash bugs.
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

Locking. Smitty54017 seems to have left.

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6