Needed: History maintained in chronological order, complete

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Saligto

Needed: History maintained in chronological order, complete

Post by Saligto »

I can sort History in order of Most Recent Visit, but not by Date Visited. The need for the latter, which has been discussed for at least half a decade, is still valid, and seems still unserved.

So as not to beat an apparently dead horse (or maybe the analogy should be to a weak horse that no vet wants to cure), I'll state my latest reason for wanting this:

I posted something online. It disappeared (maybe it was deleted, maybe never posted, maybe I posted in the wrong place, the reason is unimportant here.) I had hoped that by revisiting the page, I could resurrect it. But even if that were technically possible (I realize it depends on the website), once I've double-clicked on the visit, the visit goes to the top of the list, and DISAPPEARS from the old position. This makes the History totally unreliable as a true historical record. There are also many other times when, for other reasons, this Most Recent Visit behavior has been undesirable.

Is there an add-in solution? Can Firefox developers add a sticky Date (and time) Visited view/sort option?
JayhawksRock

Re: Needed: History maintained in chronological order, compl

Post by JayhawksRock »

You should maybe go over to Mozilla and see if you can find someone (a developer) who cares about this as much as you do..... and maybe get an answer for your question. Very unlikely that any one from Mozilla will ever see your posts here

Try
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/
https://input.mozilla.org/en-US/feedbac ... ox/45.2.0/

FWIW...
mozillaZine is an independent Mozilla community and advocacy site. We're not affiliated or endorsed by the Mozilla Corporation but we love them just the same.
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln