Dashlane with Firefox

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
bernieseal

Dashlane with Firefox

Post by bernieseal »

My Dashlane does not want to work with Firefox. It works with every other browser that I use. Will there be a fix for this?
the-edmeister

Re: Dashlane with Firefox

Post by the-edmeister »

A fix would be up to Dashlane.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
bernieseal

Post by bernieseal »

ok wonder why it works with the others. Anyway ok
therube

Post by therube »

What version of FF?
What version of dashlane?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Dash Lane's Release Notes Maybe these will help?
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
SimonDashlane

Post by SimonDashlane »

Hello bernieseal! This is Simon from Dashlane's Support team. I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue with Dashlane in Firefox. Could you please start by giving me a little more information about your experience with Dashlane in this browser? Is the extension installed and enabled, but still showing a grey light? If you navigate to the Add-onsExtensions section, do you see any error message next to the Dashlane extension?

To begin with, I would recommend to try re-installing the Dashlane extension for Firefox by launching your Dashlane app and going to ExtensionsManage Firefox extension. You should also try to restart your computer. If this does not help, and if your Dashlane extension in Firefox is permanently greyed-out, you can look at this article on our Help Center.

If you see an error message for Dashlane in the Add-ons section indicating Dashlane is not compatible with Firefox, please make sure that you not using any Firefox version that's below 38.

If the problem persists, do not hesitate to contact our support team by filling this form. We'll be more than happy to help!

Thank you!
infotran

Post by infotran »

Not sure if this has been suggested before but so far seems to have solved the problem for me.
Click top right of Firefox Browser and select "Options", click Security and if not already ticked tick "Warn when sites try to install Add Ons. Now click on "Exceptions" and add www.dashlane.com As I say it worked for me, so far. You will probably have to restart Firefox.
alvineng501

Post by alvineng501 »

i HAVE 64 bit WINDOWS 10 and am currently running Firefox 54.0.1 64 bit without any issues! I had noticed that my Dashlane had stopped working, too and I was unable to re-load the Dashlane plug-in as it kept returning that Firefox would NOT add the correct file to do so. I then did a Firefox Refresh by clicking on the Help in the Menu Bar and them going to "Troubleshooting Information," where you can find a button to Rerfresh. This then returns your Firefox to its defaufault settings, removing all your added extensions. It will NOT remove any of your stored Bookmarks! I was then able to reload my Dashlane Plug-in, which then worked again! :D
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

It seems DL hasn't been fixed since this old OP. My Dashlane worked for many months and then stopped about 2 months ago. I emailed Dashlane, and they passed my email to 3 other workers without a solution. Finally the 4th one told me to wipe my profile and start again. A profile that's 9 years old with countless tweaks? No way. I went back to LastPass. Reminds me of Microsoft's favorite solution for problems: wipe your whole hard drive and start from factory settings.

I just tried removing the extension, and trying to reinstall it. Their Firefox extension page goes blank after a few seconds, so now extension is gone.
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
chris68

Post by chris68 »

So lets try again I am running the lastest version of dashlane and Firefox Dashlane stopped so I uninstalled the addon and tried to reinstall it It will not install I went to task manager and shut everything off and that made no difference I am running win7 on 64 bit
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Last edited by malliz on March 15th, 2018, 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

Try it in Windows Safe-Mode. If it doesn't work, pick another password manager. A password manager is the last program you would want to be buggy.
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
therube

Post by therube »

@chris, What version of FF?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
chris68

Post by chris68 »

52/7/2. And it loads and works fine in Chrome, So it definitely a Firefox problem Mind the last time I said that Some Firefox techie lock me out of that page So maybe I hit a nerve, I thought I asked a simple question. Because I like Firefox And would like to keep using it, Plus I have a paid version of Dashlane so dont want to change password managers
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Did you try the dashlane link? My guess is not you would rather moan and complain.
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"