Dorando keyconfig's script

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
rly10929

Dorando keyconfig's script

Post by rly10929 »

I used to use keyconfig, but after updating to Firefox 48, it's been disabled and I installed Dorando keyconfig.
It works very well; even the settings of keyconfig keeps working. However, some of the original keyconfig's (or maybe functions for keyconfig's one, which I had also used before updating) features were gone.

I want to use a function, "focus in a text area" or something like that. It means, since I assigned that function to "I" key, when I pressed "I," I was able to go into the first text area (input box) and put texts in the box. For example, if I pressed "I" in the previous Firefox, then I was ready to input texts in the "Subject:" box above.
#Edited: In the view page of the message board, there's no text box for posting (I confused when I edited the message). So it should go to the "Search this topic" box above (maybe it appears only when you logged-in, though).

Actually I want to know another similar function, "focus in the next text area." i assigned it to "Alt+I" key, so in the example above, if I pressed "Alt+I," then I was ready to make sentences in this box. Probably another "Alt+I" leads me to the search box in the right.
#Edited: Again, in the view page, it was a bit different story (maybe go to the "Post a Reply" box below), but hopefully you know what I mean.

Anyway, could anyone show me the code or script that has the functions above?

Thank you so much for your help in advance!
Last edited by rly10929 on September 8th, 2016, 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
dfoulkes

Re: Dorando keyconfig's script

Post by dfoulkes »

I'm not sure what happened with your keyconfig (the old one) ... I just installed it into my test profile... installed fine. So, if you are used to that older one... try it again...

Key config :: Add-ons for Firefox

... and...lots of help here....
keyconfig 20110522 • mozillaZine Forums
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
rly10929

Post by rly10929 »

Thank you for your advice!

Well, it appears to be a different add-on, but the topic you showed is the one (keyconfig 20110522 by Dorando).

And, your suggestion led me to search "text area" in this forum, and I found the code!!

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 7&t=801775

dickvl's post in August 17th, 2008, 5:54 pm worked fine with me.

Although I haven't found "focus in the next text area," that's good enough for me now, again thank you so much!
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Ahhhhh... sorry about that wrong link to Dorando... got mixed up... easy in life now-a days.... :lol:

You're Welcome! :D
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!