Theme & Font Changer Addon

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
josegotme

Theme & Font Changer Addon

Post by josegotme »

Theme & Font Changer Addon not working in FF 49. Tools menu is devoid of the option.
DanRaisch

Re: Theme & Font Changer Addon

Post by DanRaisch »

Did you confirm that you have the latest version of the extension, Version 48.4?
josegotme

Post by josegotme »

Absolutely! It fails on my other two computers too.
I hope the Author gets busy quickly. Type is too small.
Last edited by josegotme on September 12th, 2016, 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi,
Apparently, from the latest Reviews, there is a bit of a "glitch" with it.
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... er/?src=ss
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
alpine5536

Post by alpine5536 »

Trouble here also. I'm using FF 48.0.2 and last update to 48.3 and 48.4 is broke. I lose the menu in tools and cannot access settings and font etc goes back to default. I started in safe mode and removed it and then reinstalled 48.1 and it works fine. I have not added any add on or extensions before the last 2 updates and since 48.1 works I'm going to assume the last 2 updates are messed up unless the author changed the add on to work only with default install of FF. I can't see why that would happen since almost no one if anyone uses just the default install.
Last edited by alpine5536 on September 12th, 2016, 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

Authors support site... http://barisderin.com/?p=287
Only works with the default Firefox theme
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
josegotme

Post by josegotme »

Thanks, JayhawksRock. I just notified the author.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Did you happen to mention that it's also broken in Thunderbird?

He'll probably read the reviews anyway & receive feedback from them.
:)
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Gubbio

Post by Gubbio »

Thanks everyone for all the info. Same problems here... Going blind! :shock:
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Pretty easy to replace, just need to put 3 or 4 lines of .css in userContent.css.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
kls490

Post by kls490 »

Good evening everyone,

I appear to be having the same problem with the Theme and Font Size Changer Addon as others are reporting here.

After being off-line for a few hours (i.e. no browser open), I clicked on my Desktop FF icon to open FF, I noticed the "Autumn Forest" type background theme I'd been using for over 2 years had reverted to Firefox's default theme - for no apparent reason.

I then noticed the Theme and Font Changer Addon no longer works - as all sidebar/bookmarks are now displayed in non-bold and smaller font size, which I can barely read. The toolbar icon for the Addon, as well as, the Addon name which always appeared at the bottom of the "[TOOLS]" drop-down menu (beneath 'OPTIONS') when I clicked on it - has disappeared.

I'm using latest version of FF (48.0.2) and have been using an "Autumn Forest " type background theme with the aforementioned Addon installed, for over two years, without any problems - until now. Please note - I do not use Thunderbird.

When I went in to the Addons list and clicked the [REMOVE] button for the aforementioned Addon, two different dialog boxes opened on the screen with some kind of "technical jargon" which I could not understand. I clicked the [OK] button beneath the text shown, to dismiss the boxes.

I believe I've successfully removed the Addon, as it is no longer displayed in the Extensions/Plugins listing.

I would really appreciate it if someone could provide me with some step-by-step instructions on how to regain use of the aforementioned Addon, as I am aged & both visually-impaired, and far from being able to understand technical things as most other members here are able to.

Thank you VERY much for your time and any help.
Specs: Dell Inspiron Desktop | Win 7 Home Premium SP1 x64 | 6 GB RAM | 3.06 gHz CPU | 1 TB WD HDD | MSE | MBAM Premium (lifetime license) | FF w/ NoScript | uBlock Origin | SAS (on-demand)
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

JayhawksRock wrote:Authors support site... http://barisderin.com/?p=287
Only works with the default Firefox theme
Nope, that's not what the author is saying at all! -
While Theme Font & Size Changer was written to be used with Firefox default theme, it does work with other non-default themes, but you may come across issues where some elements within Firefox retain the (non-default) font size setting that the theme developer chose for their theme.
He's saying what I would say. Sometimes a novice Complete Theme writer comes along and imposes their font sizes on the UI and those will override any other choices.

Doesn't happen often as Theme authors, like me, already know that doing that will make things hard to see for some people. Therefore, we don't do it, but a few might.

How you got ' Only works with the default Firefox theme' out of that, God knows. :?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

kls490 wrote:Good evening everyone,

I appear to be having the same problem with the Theme and Font Size Changer Addon as others are reporting here....

....I would really appreciate it if someone could provide me with some step-by-step instructions on how to regain use of the aforementioned Addon, as I am aged & both visually-impaired, and far from being able to understand technical things as most other members here are able to.
Yep, simple enough. Follow exactly steps #1 to #4 here - http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14005643

Next, let me know what size font you use and do you have everything in bold and any other requirements.

Tomorrow, assuming you supplied the information by then, I'll write you a file that will do what you need and you simply download it and add it to your new chrome folder (you see what that is when you unzip the file in step #3 and that's it.

It is not necessary for you to understand any of this, it is sufficient only that I do. All you have to do is follow the steps above in your own time and it'll be fine.
kls490

Post by kls490 »

Hi Frank, and thanks very much for getting back with me!

I followed those 4 steps you referred to. Since I no longer have the Theme and Font Size Changer Addon installed, I'm trying to remember just what the settings I had in it were. To the best of my recollection, the settings were as follows:

ZOOM level: 1
Font text: Everything shown in BOLD.
Font STYLE: I believe it was TAHOMA.
Font SIZE: was either 13.5 or 14.

(Within Firefox itself, [TOOLS] > [OPTIONS] > [CONTENT] > I have that font size set at 18, as well as, the font sizes shown when I click on "Advanced".)

That's about all I can recall, unfortunately. I'm really sorry - my short term memory just isn't good anymore. There was some other setting further down the page which had the "Default" circle ticked - if that's of any help.

Hope this is the info you were requesting, and MANY THANKS again for your time in helping me out!

Kind regards,

Pete

P.S. - I'll be going to bed now - not feeling very well.
Specs: Dell Inspiron Desktop | Win 7 Home Premium SP1 x64 | 6 GB RAM | 3.06 gHz CPU | 1 TB WD HDD | MSE | MBAM Premium (lifetime license) | FF w/ NoScript | uBlock Origin | SAS (on-demand)
josegotme

Post by josegotme »

Frank, I unzipped into the profile default folder, but "Theme & Font Changer" is still not working.
I Click on Tools, but no option shows up for the Addon.