Contextual Menu Not Showing (Mac)

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Wizard_Magic_Spell

Contextual Menu Not Showing (Mac)

Post by Wizard_Magic_Spell »

In Firefox 49, along with beta 50, when I right click my mouse for the contextual menu to appear, all that actually appears is a blank
white box, with no menu text. I have restarted Firefox in Safe Mode, to no avail. This problem does not exist in Firefox 48. Can anybody
help, please? I am running Mac OS Sierra 10.12
Last edited by DanRaisch on October 1st, 2016, 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added (Mac) to subject line.
DanRaisch

Re: Contextual Menu Not Showing (Mac)

Post by DanRaisch »

Unless that is something specific to the Mac version of Firefox it's not an issue in my installation of 49.0.

Moving this to Firefox Support so it will be seen by more viewers.
Eckard

Post by Eckard »

Wizard_Magic_Spell wrote:In Firefox 49, along with beta 50, when I right click my mouse for the contextual menu to appear, all that actually appears is a blank white box, with no menu text.
Do you mean a contextual menu like in my screen shot when you right-click somewhere on this page?

Wizard_Magic_Spell

Hi DanRaisch and Eckard,

Thanks, DanRaisch for moving this query to the Support forum and for replying to my FF problem.

Thank you, too, Eckard, for replying to my problem with Firefox 49. Appreciate your help and time
Yes, Eckard, the contextual menu in your attachment is what I am referring to. There is no actual text menu in the box when I right click my mouse - just a blank white box appears. Also, when
I click the mouse in the Firefox toolbar/bookmarks/History/View etc menus - anywhere, really, no text appears - just white blank boxes. No problems at all with FF 48.
Eckard

Post by Eckard »

Wizard_Magic_Spell wrote:Also, when
I click the mouse in the Firefox toolbar/bookmarks/History/View etc menus - anywhere, really, no text appears - just white blank boxes. No problems at all with FF 48.
It might be a bug in the Firefox 49 Mac version although I haven't seen this problem in other Mozilla forums and didn't find any bug report referring to this issue.
To be sure verify if the same happens in a new, virgin profile: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/pr ... x-profiles
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

Hello Eckard, in my FF49.0.1 the context menu shows and also in FF50b2. I am running OSX10.11.

My Quad Core Mac Pro with 4 1TB SSD's and 16G of RAM has been deemed "unsupported" by Apple to run Sierra so I can't check it on that system. Not a big loss since the new features are of no interest to me. Most new features focus on the integration of iPhone and Mac Apple apps. Since I use my Mac for work things that integration is useless to me.

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
Wizard_Magic_Spell

Thanks for your replies. Eckard and Robert3,
It appears that you have pointed me in the right direction. A fresh profile cures the misbehaviour. I will try to work out what is wrong with the dodgy profile and will report what I find here.

Thanks again. Appreciated.
Eckard

Post by Eckard »

Hello Robert,
RobertJ wrote:.
Hello Eckard, in my FF49.0.1 the context menu shows and also in FF50b2. I am running OSX10.11.
Thanks for your feedback.
I don't experience this right-click issue, neither in FF 49 nor in Nightly 52.
I'm running OS X 10.11, too, Sierra will have to wait ;)
Wizard_Magic_Spell

Hello again,
I tried to find out what was misbehaving in the profiles folder, bu was unable to find the cause, so
I made a fresh profile and FF 49 is now working as it should.
Thanks again for all your help. Appreciated.
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

Glad you solved your problem.

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6