Audio Stops after the Commercials

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
ltnboop

Audio Stops after the Commercials

Post by ltnboop »

When I try to watch a news item the commercial plays just fine but the audio stops when the news item starts playing. The audio works fine all the way through on Explorer and Chrome. :shock: Any suggestions to cure this? I did a reset but that did not help. If i restart the computer some time it will work right and some times just starting Firefox will fix it for a while. Very annoying.
DanRaisch

Re: Audio Stops after the Commercials

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Firefox Support as no bug has yet been identified here.

What's a URL for a site where this is happening?
Does the same thing occur if you launch the application in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
therube

Post by therube »

Link to this "news item"?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
ltnboop

Post by ltnboop »

When I run Firefox in safe mode it runs fine!!
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

When things work properly in Safe Mode but not in Standard Mode it often indicates that an installed extension is causing problems. First, to eliminate another possibility, try switching off hardware acceleration using menu path Tools->Options->Advanced->General->uncheck "Use hardware acceleration when available. Close and restart Firefox. If the problem is still present an extension is a likely culprit.

Try disabling all extensions but one and then close and restart the program. (Disable them by using menu path Tools->Addons->Extensions->click on "Disable" for every extension but one.) See if the problem is present. If not, enable an additional extension and close and restart the application. Repeat this procedure until the problem reappears. The last enabled extension will be the cause of the problem.
ltnboop

Post by ltnboop »

Thank you. I am in the process of doing just that. Thank you for the heads up on safe mode.

Ron
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome.
therube

Post by therube »

ltnboop wrote:The same thing happens in every news link with video after the commercials.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
ltnboop

Post by ltnboop »

I have it working now. Thank you for all the help!! :)
therube

Post by therube »

I have it working now.
How?