Skype Web Messenger

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
lovemyfoxy

Skype Web Messenger

Post by lovemyfoxy »

My friend and I want to use our webcams on the extension Skype Web Messenger. She has Win 10 and I have XP, both of us have FF 50.1, and both of us have enabled the extension. There's supposed to be a sidebar to login, neither of us has it, and it's not in the customize box. Multimedia is not my forte.

We were doing this because we have problems with the Skype standalone program. Which we didn't have when she had Vista. :?
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
dfoulkes

Re: Skype Web Messenger

Post by dfoulkes »

I don't use that extension so I'm kind of blind here... but looking at the samples of what that extension does ... seems to me that it does not look like a sidebar .. but just a login window ... or popup of sorts...

Do you allow popups for that site?
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... src=search
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
lovemyfoxy

Re: Skype Web Messenger

Post by lovemyfoxy »

I just allowed popups for the Skype site and re-activated the extension. But the extension said it works through the browser. 18 hours after downloading the ext., I have the blue Skype icon button in my toolbar. We'll give it a go. Problem with webcams is we never know if a problem isin the webcam, in the program, or in either of our computers.
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network