Bookmarks do not allow saving

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Gazdok

Bookmarks do not allow saving

Post by Gazdok »

Since upgrading to FF50 I cannot save bookmarks or get the pop up menu up. I can however drag the tab and place it in the bookmarks menu.

I tried the support.mozilla way of deleting the xjulstore.json file but that did not help.

Nothing else has changed during the upgrade.

Any ideas??
dfoulkes

Re: Bookmarks do not allow saving

Post by dfoulkes »

Best 1st step in stuff like this is to try Firefox in safe-mode... then let us know the results...

Try running Firefox in safe-mode... NOTE: This is a testing procedure only ... NOT for normal browsing.
-- On the menu bar, click the Help menu and select Restart with Add-ons Disabled....
Firefox will start up with the Firefox Safe Mode dialog. Click continue in Safe Mode and don't check any items.

Note: You can also start Firefox in Safe Mode by holding down the shift key while Single/Double clicking on the icon.
* (option key while starting Firefox on Mac).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>What safe-mode does ..... Safe Mode temporarily affects the following:
* All extensions are disabled. --- * The userChrome.css and userContent.css files are ignored.
* The default theme is used, without a persona. --- * The default toolbar layout is used.
* The Just-in-time (JIT) JavaScript compiler is disabled. --- * Hardware acceleration is disabled.

-- Safe Mode has no effect on the following --
* The status of plugins is not affected.
* Custom preferences are not affected.

This is the link to the main KB article for Safe-Mode ... but, use the above info 1st...
Safe Mode - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
Gazdok

Post by Gazdok »

In safe mode the bookmark function works as normal, when back to normal mode it does not. I guess that means one of the extentions is interferring with and I need to disable / enable them one by one.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Disable half of them first.. narrows things down quicker.
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
Gazdok

Post by Gazdok »

Thanks for the tip.
I.E Tab 4.0 seems to be the problem and interferes with the bookmarking.