recovery.js does not work

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
baracus

recovery.js does not work

Post by baracus »

hi is there a certain structure that can be "corrupted" in those files? i have the recovery.js + bak and previous.js in the backups folder , but once i move them in the (main) profiles folder (renaming them sessionstore.js) it does do nothing, opening them in textpad i do not notice anything different in the first view lines to another older session file that is working used to compare...
it is 3 mb big while holding maybe 20 tabs or more

i had to close firefox awkwardly
my system got slow due to running jdownlaoder with too much stuff in it , so after closing FF still appeared in the taskmanager processes , so it was still somewhat running
dfoulkes

Re: recovery.js does not work

Post by dfoulkes »

it does do nothing, opening them in textpad i do not notice anything different in the first view lines to another older session file that is working used to compare...
it is 3 mb big while holding maybe 20 tabs or more
I suppose that a problem could be in any place in that file... did you compare the end of the file(s) to see if there was some type of 'closing' or ending text in the files.

Also... if you deal with recovering sessions ...much ... or just want to have another system to save sessions (in addition to the build-in function) you might want to look at this extension. It even has timed settings to make session backups like... every 5 minutes or ??

Session Manager :: Add-ons for Firefox
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!