Is there 64 Bit Flash Player for 64 Bit FF?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
toolong

Re: Is there 64 Bit Flash Player for 64 Bit FF?

Post by toolong »

You can not uninstall the Flash player that is provided by Microsoft 10 for the Edge browser also provided by Windows 10.

Firefox uses a NPAPI version/build of Flash player. It has to be installed for Firefox to be able to use Flash. There has always been two Windows versions of Flash. One for IE and one for Firefox.
koolx

Post by koolx »

The Tinsmith wrote:BTW. If you are really interested. Flash in a 64bit Windows 10 system installs here. Which is also where Windows install the Win Flash for Edge.

C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\

The 64 bit Flash file is named something like: "NPSWF64_25_0_0_104.dll". Which is what I have installed.

The name NPSWF64 means 64bit. .
Hi tinsmith. I checked and I got "NPSWF64_24_0_0_194.dll". It looks like I got the 64 bit version. But why is yours different from mine since yuo said you have "NPSWF64_25_0_0_104.dll"?
toolong

Post by toolong »

Because you have the current official release installed and I have the current latest beta release installed.
koolx

Post by koolx »

The Tinsmith wrote:Because you have the current official release installed and I have the current latest beta release installed.
Where can I get the beta release? Do you have a link? Maybe that may solve it.
toolong

Post by toolong »

<smile>

Don't you think that you already have enough problems? Look around you. It is you that is having the problem. Not the whole world.

Have you tried any of the normal tests? Safe-Mode for example. Often times problems are caused by misbehaving extensions. Do you have the latest video drivers for your card? What kind of Internet connection do you have?

"Skippy videos" can be caused when the video plays faster than it streams. That means it runs out of video to play. A way to check that is to download the video and play it locally.
koolx

Post by koolx »

The Tinsmith wrote:<smile>
Have you tried any of the normal tests? Safe-Mode for example. Often times problems are caused by misbehaving extensions. Do you have the latest video drivers for your card? What kind of Internet connection do you have?

"Skippy videos" can be caused when the video plays faster than it streams. That means it runs out of video to play..
The beta is not going to burn out my computer. I installed the beta anyway and I still get the same result.

To answer your other questions my video card has the latest updates and I'm on ethernet, not wifi so the connection is lighning fast at 70 mbps.

I went into safe mode, disabled all settings and extensions and the issue persists.

------------------- EDIT ----------------
Was wondering if I could install a 2nd FF to test. If so do you know how to install another instance of FF with a different profile, of course, so it doesnt affect my original FF?
James

Post by James »

koolx wrote:
The Tinsmith wrote:Because you have the current official release installed and I have the current latest beta release installed.
Where can I get the beta release? Do you have a link? Maybe that may solve it.
http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer.html

The Beta page updates more frequently as there has been 24.0.0.201, 24.0.0.207 and 25.0.0.104 since the 24.0.0.194 Release.
toolong

Post by toolong »

I am sorry. I have tried to help and to offer ideas and suggestions. But I have run out of both. Your attitude of charging into situations where you do not appear to have any idea of what you are doing, or why, or how, the "shot gun blast solution', has me at a loss.
For example the beta. I more or less told you that would not fix your problem because your problem is with your system since the whole world does not have your problem.

I am no longer exactly sure what you have done or what your solution might be. Perhaps you might consider taking your computer to a reliable computer repair store and have them sort this out?
koolx

Post by koolx »

The Tinsmith wrote:I am sorry. I have tried to help and to offer ideas and suggestions. But I have run out of both. Your attitude of charging into situations where you do not appear to have any idea of what you are doing, or why, or how, the "shot gun blast solution', has me at a loss.
For example the beta. I more or less told you that would not fix your problem because your problem is with your system since the whole world does not have your problem.
You know what?? Get the hell out of my thread. Youre a complete weirdo psycho. First I try out your advice. Then when that fails and I try other options, you insult me out of nowhere. Only a mental patient with this level of retardedness does this.

Seriously,, get the f*** hell out of my thread. Trolls like you should be banned and put on medication. I'm reporting your troll antics. DO NOT waste my time. And DO NOT respond to my threads or any where else that I post on this forum anymore... you better not come back here again.. mental retard!!!
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

koolx,
Consider yourself "warned".
No personal attacks &/or name calling is allowed here.
To post comments like that & expect any more assistance from anyone......well, good luck chum!

Go try the "Official" forum.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
4td8s

Post by 4td8s »

koolx wrote:
WaltS48 wrote:On Windows are you installing Flash for Firefox?

Try this link https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ h
I installed it via the link. But there are 2 things not going well. First when I go to Control Panel, the program states that its 32 bit not 64 bit. Look at the screen shot to see. Second when I play other videos that dont rely on Flash they end up choppy in the beginning. What do you suggest?

And yes I am installing Flash for Firefox on windows

that control panel is for 32bit Flash Player only. Adobe never made a 64bit control panel app for Flash but their official and beta release installers do install both 32bit & 64bit flash plugins.
koolx

Post by koolx »

4td8s wrote:
that control panel is for 32bit Flash Player only. Adobe never made a 64bit control panel app for Flash but their official and beta release installers do install both 32bit & 64bit flash plugins.
Thanks. Its good knowing there are still decent people on this forum who understand people's issues and are willing to help them without any backhanded insults.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi,
Once again, there were no "back-handed insults" posted by anyone.
Just genuine assistance with your problem.

So, please ease up on the attitude.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
koolx

Post by koolx »

LIMPET235 wrote:Hi,
Once again, there were no "back-handed insults" posted by anyone.
Just genuine assistance with your problem.

So, please ease up on the attitude.
What are you talking about. Theres no attitude here. Are you ok?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

koolx wrote:You know what?? Get the hell out of my thread. Youre a complete weirdo psycho.
koolx wrote: Are you ok?
At a guess, he was referring to things like that. Just stick to reasonable responses and there will be no need for anyone to question your attitude.