Can't find supposed missing CSS file. [Linux.]

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
dwlamb

Can't find supposed missing CSS file. [Linux.]

Post by dwlamb »

I am experiencing what I think might be a bug but have not found a bug report about it from research I have done so far.

The CSS for a site is being reworked to concatenate and process it using Sass. Grunt is implemented to watch and recompile the Sass files on change.

Across the top of the Developers Tools window a bright red message appeared: “Style sheet could now be loaded. <full path to the CSS file in question>”

I traced the error to the fact the style sheet had been deleted (it was moved to a partial and is imported to a larger file under Sass) but the old map file was still present in the css directory. I deleted all of the map files and on next save of a scss file, all of the css was recompiled and new map files generated.

Now across the top of the Developers Tools window a bright red message appears: “Style sheet could now be loaded." with no specifics as to a missing file.

Troubleshooting this, I have opened the web page in a view-source window and clicked on each link to a css file hoping to trigger a 404 error. This has not yielded a file as missing. The scss files and partials have been examined for something that would point to a non-existent file that is supposed to be imported. There isn't one. I would think if such an error was happening, I would get a Sass compile error in the console and there is no such error popping up.

Under the Network section of Developer Tools, all CSS files are present with status 200.

Tailing the phperror.log associated with this project yields nothing to point to an error of a non-existent file.

Is there any other means to discover the source of the error?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Last edited by LIMPET235 on February 26th, 2017, 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added [Linux] to the title.
Grumpus

Re: Can't find supposed missing CSS file. [Linux.]

Post by Grumpus »

Just a guess, if you've located the file is it empty?
. . . or does the directory show the file but it's empty when you open it?
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you