How Do I Change the Address Bar Colors?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
koolx

Re: How Do I Change the Address Bar Colors?

Post by koolx »

barbaz wrote: But, in order to get the element to appear, you have to hover over something which stays put, right? It is the 'something which stays put' which you would inspect for that step.
Hi barbaz.. It stays put as long as you hover over it. In order for me to right click and select hover I have to move my mouse to the inspector's tool box or debugger. As soon as that happens the element disappears naturally.
Are you able to inspect the parent node of the disappearing popup? If so, there might be a way for you to read the code, although likely not in the inspector. Would that help anyway?
How would I go about doing that?

With the devtools "Debugger" open, bring up the popup. While the popup is showing, hit F8. This should basically freeze the browser tab containing the page. If the pause button just turns color, it's waiting for a script to run, so try hovering off the popup - which removes nodes, so should count as running a script - and see if it pauses then.

Once the page is paused, open the Inspector and look for the element.
I tried that and it appears to work except that the right side of the debugger is missing its info. But I'm still able to hover over the indivual "parts" of the element and see what code pertains to them. But it would still help if I am able to see all the info on that right side of the debugger nonetheless.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

koolx wrote:Hi barbaz.. It stays put as long as you hover over it. In order for me to right click and select hover I have to move my mouse to the inspector's tool box or debugger. As soon as that happens the element disappears naturally.
Maybe I'm not understanding something about the site. How do you bring up the element?
koolx wrote:
Are you able to inspect the parent node of the disappearing popup? If so, there might be a way for you to read the code, although likely not in the inspector. Would that help anyway?
How would I go about doing that?
Well, since the debugger method worked, this is somewhat moot, but I'll answer anyway.

Quick test indicates that's what suggestion #2 here http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14744248 would result in as soon as you unhover the element and it disappears.

If the debugger method didn't work, I would have come up with some code you could put in the Web Console to log the parent node's contents on every change. The idea being that if you then bring up the element you want to inspect, it should log the code for that element. But that's a lot messier than seeing it in the inspector.
koolx wrote:the right side of the debugger is missing its info.
I didn't see any missing info on the sites I used for testing. This sounds like the issue where extension-injected code causes devtools to be partially blocked by sites' Content Security Policy. I have no idea how to fix it, sorry.
koolx

Post by koolx »

barbaz wrote:
koolx wrote:Hi barbaz.. It stays put as long as you hover over it. In order for me to right click and select hover I have to move my mouse to the inspector's tool box or debugger. As soon as that happens the element disappears naturally.
Maybe I'm not understanding something about the site. How do you bring up the element?
If you mean how do I bring up element inspector its by pressing F12. If you mean how do I target an element is by clicking on the icon with a small arrow and going to an element and clicking on it which also brings up element inspector and shows me info on that element and all its parts.
koolx wrote:the right side of the debugger is missing its info.
I didn't see any missing info on the sites I used for testing. This sounds like the issue where extension-injected code causes devtools to be partially blocked by sites' Content Security Policy. I have no idea how to fix it, sorry.[/quote]

Ignore my statement on missing info on the right side of element inspector.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

koolx wrote:If you mean how do I bring up element inspector its by pressing F12. If you mean how do I target an element is by clicking on the icon with a small arrow and going to an element and clicking on it which also brings up element inspector and shows me info on that element and all its parts.
I mean the element on the FB page, the element you're trying to inspect. It disappears when you unhover from it, but what do you have to do to get it to appear?

The answer to that question is the answer to which element you would right-click in the inspector and select "hover", for trying that method.

Not too important now since you're good to go with the debugger.
koolx

Post by koolx »

barbaz wrote:
koolx wrote:If you mean how do I bring up element inspector its by pressing F12. If you mean how do I target an element is by clicking on the icon with a small arrow and going to an element and clicking on it which also brings up element inspector and shows me info on that element and all its parts.
I mean the element on the FB page, the element you're trying to inspect. It disappears when you unhover from it, but what do you have to do to get it to appear?
To make an element appear I'd have to hover over a link in FB.
The answer to that question is the answer to which element you would right-click in the inspector and select "hover", for trying that method.
Again theres no way to right-click and select hover because to do that I got to move my mouse away from the element to the inspector/debugger window and then right-click on info on that element in the inspector window. When this happens data about the element in inspector or the debugger disappears.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

koolx wrote:To make an element appear I'd have to hover over a link in FB.
So, to be clear, right-clicking the link in Inspector and selecting "hover" doesn't help or can't be done?
koolx

Post by koolx »

barbaz wrote:
koolx wrote:To make an element appear I'd have to hover over a link in FB.
So, to be clear, right-clicking the link in Inspector and selecting "hover" doesn't help or can't be done?
You cant. Like I said as soon as I move my mouse from the element to the link in inspector ithe element disappears and with it info about it in inspector.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Oh well. Thanks for confirming.
koolx

Post by koolx »

barbaz wrote:Oh well. Thanks for confirming.
No problem barbaz. Thank you for at least helping me. Greatly appreciate your honesty and concern. Thanks man!
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

You're welcome! 8-)
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Note that if this is about CSP then you can test that by setting temporarily security.csp.enable to false.
koolx

Post by koolx »

Hi Barbaz,

Need just a little help. Please look at the screen shot. Circled in red at the bottom of the login pop up is what I need to fix. Whats the code for it please? Thanks.

barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Does this help? -

Code: Select all

.popup-notification-dropmarker {
  -moz-appearance: none !important;
  background-color: #000;
  color: #FFF;
}
koolx

Post by koolx »

barbaz wrote:Does this help? -

Code: Select all

.popup-notification-dropmarker {
  -moz-appearance: none !important;
  background-color: #000;
  color: #FFF;
}

Hey Barbaz.. Excuse my late reply. I'll be testing this code and will let you know. Thanks man!
koolx

Post by koolx »

Hi Barbaz, Looks like the code you provided is working. Thank you so much. Have a good one dude!