How Do I Change the Address Bar Colors?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
koolx

Re: How Do I Change the Address Bar Colors?

Post by koolx »

barbaz wrote:You're welcome!

The only forum I know of to ask about writing extensions is http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=19
Ahh ok.. I'll take a look at that link. Thanks man for everything.
koolx

Post by koolx »

Hi barbaz,

Got a slight snag. When I right click on the left side of Element Inspector and hover over the options, I get a mix of default and custom highlights. Is there a code you know of that conforms the hovered elements to the custom highlight? Take a look at the screen shot.

barbaz

Post by barbaz »

The codes I already posted for styling the menus, restyle that for me.

Code: Select all

menupopup > [_moz-menuactive]:not([disabled="true"]) {
  -moz-appearance: none !important;
  background-color: blueviolet !important;
  color: #FFF !important;

}

menupopup > * {
}

menupopup > [_moz-menuactive][disabled="true"]  {
  background-color: #A00 !important;
}
If it doesn't work for you, can you please post your custom CSS for the devtools?
koolx

Post by koolx »

barbaz wrote:The codes I already posted for styling the menus, restyle that for me.

menupopup > [_moz-menuactive]:not([disabled="true"]) {
  background-color: blueviolet !important;

}

menupopup > * {
}

menupopup > [_moz-menuactive][disabled="true"]  {
  background-color: #A00 !important;
}
If it doesn't work for you, can you please post your custom CSS for the devtools?
Hi barbaz,

Appreciate this so much. Just to let you know I think you had accidently repeated a portion of the above code twice. Thanks man and have a great week!

barbaz

Post by barbaz »

You're welcome!

The two similar-looking sections of code are slightly different. The first one applies only to normal menu items, the second applies only to disabled menu items.
koolx

Post by koolx »

Hi barbaz,

I got a slight issue that I'm sure your smart enough to handle. I got a google CSS. For some crazy reason, its affected craigslist, which I have a CSS for, btw. Heres the code for google. The one below it is Craigslist. Maybe you know of a way to tweak the rules so that it only affects google and no other sites?

@-moz-document regexp("^https?://www\\.google\\.(com?(\\.[a-z]{2})?|[a-z]{2})/(?!maps).*$") {

@-moz-document url-prefix("http://newyork.craigslist.org"), url-prefix("https://newyork.craigslist.org"){
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Those @-moz-document lines don't seem to be the source of the problem. (Tested on https://newyork.craigslist.org/.)
Can you please post all of both CSS?

Also, if that link is not affected by your google CSS, can you please post an example URL to an affected Craigslist page?
koolx

Post by koolx »

Hi barbaz,

Here are the links to the CSS. 1st one is google, 2nd one is CL.

https://justpaste.it/15ggd

https://justpaste.it/15ggh
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Hmm. I'm not seeing the "bleeding over" of the google CSS. However, when both CSS are in the same Stylish user style, the craigslist one doesn't seem to get applied at all. That should not be the case.

Both CSS have a lot of errors. I'd start by eliminating those and seeing if the problem then corrects itself. Some of the errors are simple enough to fix easily, but other places I can't tell what was intended. For testing, I'll send you both CSS with the errors fixed where it's clear what was meant, and commented out where I'm not sure the intent.
koolx

Post by koolx »

barbaz wrote:Hmm. I'm not seeing the "bleeding over" of the google CSS. However, when both CSS are in the same Stylish user style, the craigslist one doesn't seem to get applied at all. That should not be the case.

Both CSS have a lot of errors. I'd start by eliminating those and seeing if the problem then corrects itself. Some of the errors are simple enough to fix easily, but other places I can't tell what was intended. For testing, I'll send you both CSS with the errors fixed where it's clear what was meant, and commented out where I'm not sure the intent.
Hi barbaz,

I found the culrpit in the google CSS. I had the following code in it. When I deleted it, I no longer experienced issues on CL. The problem was that some elements in the CAPTCHA popup in CL werent visible. But as aI said, when I deleted that piece of code from google, the CAPTCHA elements reappeaered on CL.

div { border: none !important;}
BTW, I got your pm and will respond to you. Youre the best on this forum, no one comes close !!!
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Interesting.

Thanks for the feedback! 8-)
koolx

Post by koolx »

Hi barbaz,

Hope youre doing cool. Got a quickie for you. How do I inpsect a popup elemnet that quickly disappears as soon as you unhover from it? I'm trying to inspect an element in FB which pops up when you hover over it. But as soon as I look for the element in element ionspector, the code disappears as quickly as I unhover from it, making it almost impossible to read it let alone, tweak it. Any suggestions ?
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Here's a couple different things you can try -

1) First inspect the thing you hover over to get this popup. Then, in the inspector, right-click that and select "hover".

2) Alternatively, open the inspector, then click the arrow icon in the upper left ("Pick an element from the page"). You should be able to hover over stuff like normal, and show the popup. Click what you want to inspect.

Does it help?
koolx

Post by koolx »

barbaz wrote:Here's a couple different things you can try -

1) First inspect the thing you hover over to get this popup. Then, in the inspector, right-click that and select "hover".

2) Alternatively, open the inspector, then click the arrow icon in the upper left ("Pick an element from the page"). You should be able to hover over stuff like normal, and show the popup. Click what you want to inspect.
Hi barbaz,

As far as your 1st suggestion, its impossible to right click and select 'hover' in inspector because the element disappears as soon as I unhover from it.

And as for your 2nd suggestion, again, info in inspector disappears as soon as I unhover form the element when I move my mouse to inspector and scroll through about the element.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

koolx wrote:As far as your 1st suggestion, its impossible to right click and select 'hover' in inspector because the element disappears as soon as I unhover from it.
But, in order to get the element to appear, you have to hover over something which stays put, right? It is the 'something which stays put' which you would inspect for that step.
koolx wrote:And as for your 2nd suggestion, again, info in inspector disappears as soon as I unhover form the element when I move my mouse to inspector and scroll through about the element.
Yeah, my bad, I really should read more carefully. That suggestion assumed the site is just hiding the nodes rather than outright removing them.

If the other suggestion doesn't help, I'm not sure how to inspect the element directly or if it's even possible. Are you able to inspect the parent node of the disappearing popup? If so, there might be a way for you to read the code, although likely not in the inspector. Would that help anyway?

EDIT
Just thought of another thing you could try, no idea if this will work or not. With the devtools "Debugger" open, bring up the popup. While the popup is showing, hit F8. This should basically freeze the browser tab containing the page. If the pause button just turns color, it's waiting for a script to run, so try hovering off the popup - which removes nodes, so should count as running a script - and see if it pauses then.

Once the page is paused, open the Inspector and look for the element.

(To unpause the page, open the Debugger again and click the pause button, which is now a "play" button.)