request for crash report interpretation

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
johnoh

request for crash report interpretation

Post by johnoh »

Not sure what to make of this, any advice is appreciated.

https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/ ... d222170319
Brummelchen

Re: request for crash report interpretation

Post by Brummelchen »

OOM means "out of memory". Could be UltraMon-Software or the intel graphics beta driver.

Update to firefox 52.0.1 please. and you have missed some windows updates, eg "msmpeg2vdec.dll" is outdated, should be 12.0.9200.17037 (x86 & x64).

in combination it could getting worse ;)

hint: uninstall ultramon and look for the latest _final_ graphics driver!
the magic number is 51 and you are probably part of it :p
johnoh

Re: request for crash report interpretation

Post by johnoh »

Thanks a lot for your input. I just replaced the intel graphics driver to version 21.20.16.4508, the most recent version on my motherboard's site. Also just updated to ff 52.0.1 x64 (was actually on 32-bit until just now). But I do need some sort of multimonitor taskbar and have tried ultramon and displayfusion, and I've had crashes with displayfusion before so that's why I'm on ultramon now. These crashes are infrequent, btw. Will investigate a third alternative though.

However, windows update tells me I'm current on updates so am not sure what to do about msmpeg2vdec.dll. Searching on the file I get this (hope it formats)...

file path Date
msmpeg2vdec.dll c:\Windows\System32 3/25/2016
msmpeg2vdec.dll c:\Windows\SysWOW64 6/26/2014
msmpeg2vdec.dll c:\Windows\winsxs\amd64xxxx several versions of this folder each with a different date for the file

So I can't seem to figure out how to get current on this file

edit: I just ran windows update and it does say there are 2 updates I need, so am downloading them now...