Dashlane Addon No Longer Available From Forefox

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
roberthorton

Dashlane Addon No Longer Available From Forefox

Post by roberthorton »

My Dashlane extension was not auto logging in. Exhausted resources and uninstalled/reinstalled Firefox browser. Now, there is no option. Searched and hunted. No Dashlane addon to be found. Irregardless of version, is't simply no longer found. Will it be coming back? Please help, thank you.
DanRaisch

Re: Dashlane Addon No Longer Available From Forefox

Post by DanRaisch »

That would be an issue for Dashlane as you have to install that to get the extension into Firefox -- http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3016073
roberthorton

Post by roberthorton »

Thanks Dan. I have Dashlane Premium installed. Works fine with Chrome and Opera. Simply stating that as of a few days ago, Dashlane add-on is not available. Old links are useless. The extension's availability does not exist. I guess we're looking at a "chicken or the egg" issue of what comes first. Does Dashlane build and pass on to Firefox, or does Firefox present the extension? The thread from last July is pretty much irrelevant, as this is an "extension no longer exists" issue, as opposed to finding a fix/workaround for an existing extension. Firefox has been my daily driver browser since it's inception. I tried going without Firefox browser, that lasted about an hour! My work requires a vast amount of secure passwords. Any answers would be appreciated. Thank you.
Vitesse

Post by Vitesse »

There's a help page here: https://csdashlane.zendesk.com/hc/en-us ... in-Firefox

You also seem to be using an older version of Firefox; your user string says you're on Firefox 49, whereas the current version is 52.0.1. That may be significant, since Firefox has instituted new processes for auto-logins from version 52 onwards - the extension may therefore be trying to connect to something new that simply isn't there in your installation.
chris68

Post by chris68 »

I am running the latest version of Firefox and the latest version of Dashlane. Just checked I have opened task manager and shut everything off.
I open Dashlane and go to extensions uninstall restart, and reinstall and then the spinner swaps between a x and a circle and nothing happens.
I have installed Dashlane in Chrome and it was a doddle no problems what so ever So until it is sorted I will use Chrome
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Locking this due to the age of the original posts and the last poster's stated intent.