Intermittent Bluetooth speaker problem.

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
snoopcat

Intermittent Bluetooth speaker problem.

Post by snoopcat »

I have an Envy 750-427C with built in Bluetooth that I acquired a few months ago I recently installed a UE Boom BT speaker which I like very much. The problem is that about 30% of the time when I try to listen to audio, E.G. Itunes, VLC player, newsclips etc there is no sound even though the Boom is listed as connected. However, usually after 5-10 minutes, the sound suddenly starts. When I check system hardware the Boom plays the test sound but nothing else. Just now I played a CBS News clip; silence for 10 min, then it suddenly started. I just turned on VLC media player to test it but there was no sound. The CBS newsclip is playing but the VLC Player is silent. My last PC was also an Envy, a 700-147CI & it had the same problem but I figured the BT was defective so I used wired speakers. Now that I see the same problem in the new one I think it is something else. I don't want to go back to wired speakers. What could be going on here?
dfoulkes

Re: Intermittant Bluetooth speaker proglem

Post by dfoulkes »

1st... you didn't mention if this problem was in Firefox ??? ...only... have you tried out testing with a diff. browser?
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
snoopcat

Re: Intermittent Bluetooth speaker problem.

Post by snoopcat »

I have not. I'm thinking it might be a hardware problem & not a software one. However, I might try it with an Edge browser just to see if it occurs there.