Cannot click on menu

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
rasto2211

Cannot click on menu

Post by rasto2211 »

When I click on menu in firefox I get thismessage:

Code: Select all

(firefox:11362): LIBDBUSMENU-GTK-CRITICAL **: dbusmenu_menuitem_property_set_shortcut: assertion 'gtk_accelerator_valid(key, modifier)' failed
A coding exception was thrown and uncaught in a Task.

Full message: TypeError: Cc is undefined
Full stack: @chrome://browser/content/browser-syncui.js:531:3
XPCU_defineLazyGetter/<.get@resource://gre/modules/XPCOMUtils.jsm:198:21
gSyncUI._updateSyncButtonsTooltip<@chrome://browser/content/browser-syncui.js:393:7
TaskImpl_run@resource://gre/modules/Task.jsm:319:42
Handler.prototype.process@resource://gre/modules/Promise.jsm -> resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js:932:23
this.PromiseWalker.walkerLoop@resource://gre/modules/Promise.jsm -> resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js:813:7
this.PromiseWalker.scheduleWalkerLoop/<@resource://gre/modules/Promise.jsm -> resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js:747:11

When I run firefox in safe mode then everything works alright. Do you have any ideas how I can fix this problem? I'm running firefox 52.0.1+build2-0ubuntu.

Thank you for your help in advance.
DanRaisch

Re: Cannot click on menu

Post by DanRaisch »

When things work properly in Safe Mode but not in Standard Mode it often indicates that an installed extension is causing problems.
Try disabling all extensions but one and then close and restart the program. (Disable them by using menu path Tools->Addons->Extensions->click on "Disable" for every extension but one.) See if the problem is present. If not, enable an additional extension and close and restart the application. Repeat this procedure until the problem reappears. The last enabled extension will be the cause of the problem.
rasto2211

Post by rasto2211 »

Problem solved. The issue was caused by FireTray extension. Thank you for your help.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome.