Restore keyword column to bookmark manager

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
kitesarefun

Restore keyword column to bookmark manager

Post by kitesarefun »

The keyword column has disappeared from the bookmark manager. Where did it go and how do I get it back? I have at least two dozen search shortcuts aka keywords and I need a list of all of them.

I am referring to the thing where you right-click in the search field on a webpage then "Add a Keyword for this Search". The search keywords themselves are working fine, i.e. I type the keyword in the URL field followed by some words and FF goes to the page and searches for those words.

45.7.0 ESR

Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Reflective

Re: Restore keyword column to bookmark manager

Post by Reflective »

Is this what you're refering to? https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Learn-th ... r/ta-p/380

Or do you mean the search field in the bookmarks sidebar? You can launch that by hitting CTRL + i or by dragging the bookmarks sidebar button from the Customize menu to the toolbar.
kitesarefun

Post by kitesarefun »

Reflective wrote:Is this what you're refering to? https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Learn-th ... r/ta-p/380
Or do you mean the search field in the bookmarks sidebar? You can launch that by hitting CTRL + i or by dragging the bookmarks sidebar button from the Customize menu to the toolbar.
'

Neither. Click on Boomarks in the row at the top where you see File - Edit - View - History - Bookmarks - Tools - Help

then click on Show All Bookmarks

This is the Bookmark Manager where you, well, manage your bookmarks. On mine there is a column for Keyword which USED to display any keywords (usually key-letters for most people) you had assigned to search fields on websites. Now the column is completely empty. So, now you can still use your keywords but the Mozilla people decided to block us from *seeing* what those keywords are.

There is even a bug report on the official Mozilla bug tracking system where you see the discussion thread and code snippets which goes something like:

- Let's get rid of the keyword column.
- OK. Here's the code for it.

and that's it. Now the keyword column is still there but they deleted the keywords from it, so it's empty.
kitesarefun

Post by kitesarefun »

I asked in the official Mozilla forum and the Einstein of a moderator there posted a link to an extension that he said brings it back but the extension's been taken down, which shows you the calibre of the people monkeys they have answering questions. I almost always get useless answers like that there.