Sort bookmarks by name A-Z so it doesn't revert Firefox

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
drdoo2

Sort bookmarks by name A-Z so it doesn't revert Firefox

Post by drdoo2 »

My bookmarks have become quite long in Firefox 52.0.1. I just learned how to use the Library for this with the View Button. It was set to Unsorted and always just used the Other Bookmarks in the Vertical Column and looked all over Firefox support and web pages for the answer. Nothing. I went to the Library and under View I saw that u can sort by several methods. I would like the Name from A-Z. Which I did in the Library. But, when I close the library and come back to it or close firefox and look under Other Bookmarks or the Library they both have reverted to the Unsorted method I had. Maybe it is a default setting???? How do I set the Library and Other Bookmarks to stay the way I wanted and left them in order by Name A-Z. Hope u understand my question. Maybe, in about:config???????? Thanks. Pat
LIMPET235

Re: sort bookmarks by name A-S so it doesn't revert Firefox

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi,
See if this article helps sort things out...
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Sorting_and_r ... _-_Firefox
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
lovemyfoxy

Re: Sort bookmarks by name A-Z so it doesn't revert Firefox

Post by lovemyfoxy »

You might also consider what I have--topic folders sorted alphabetically. Easier to find things.
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network