About:config "security.sandbox.content.level"

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
tnffuser

About:config "security.sandbox.content.level"

Post by tnffuser »

Now that I have set "security.sandbox.content.level" from '1' to '0' and can now run FF52 in Sandboxie,
can anyone tell what that setting is about and why changing the setting from '1' to '0' allowed FF to run and properly load the entire page rather than just the portion viewable on screen while in Sandboxie?
Brummelchen

Re: About:config "security.sandbox.content.level"

Post by Brummelchen »

to read
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Security/Sandbox

collide with sandboxie technologie (not only sandboxie, also avast, comodo aso.) - like chrome, opera, vivaldi and all chromium forkes.
tnffuser

Post by tnffuser »

Thanks for the link.
Read it and understood some of it which leads to the following question:
Since this only started, on my system, with the FF51 version and apparently the latest Sandboxie was released in a close time frame, is this an FF problem or a Sandboxie problem, or both?

Reading between the lines on the Sandboxie forum it seems that their devs are not sure what is necessary yet to solve this and how long it will take.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

its a matter of "sandbox vs sandbox".
regular users dont know sandboxie or the sandbox mechanism in windows.
outside sandboxie the windows sandbox mechanism is ok, inside a sandbox sandboxie will take out and turn over that. firefox dont care/know about and now those collide. sandboxie superseeds firefox/windows sandbox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqcLjcSloXs

:mrgreen:
tnffuser

Post by tnffuser »

Thank you for your patience.
One last question and the dead dog can be buried, fini.
You say "sandboxie superseeds firefox/windows sandox' (ok, got that) but why only FF and not the latest versions of Chrome, Opera, IE that I have.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

nd not the latest versions of Chrome, Opera, IE that I have.
ofc any chromium fork is concerned (opera, vivaldi, chrome - same here), but not ie, ie has a similar method but not the same. i cant run opera properly in the box, it hangs. i was not all time but it turned into last year. curse of development.